PDA

View Full Version : Mindee starting to miss mummy

buzzy bee
27-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Mindee (20 months) has always been very happy here, but the last couple of weeks has cried more than usual and goes to the front door crying. He doesn't talk but I'm pretty sure he is missing mummy. I'm thinking he's that age where he's starting to become more aware of things and of what he wants, and realises he wants to be with mummy.

This happened to me before and mum took mindee away because she thought he was unhappy here, and I don't want this to happen again.

Just wondering if/when/how to tell mum. Should I say he has been a bit teary and wanting her, but that I think it's probably an age thing?

Any advice welcome please!

sarah707
27-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Bless! xx

I think it's better to share positive things about the day and give them anything slightly negative in a positive sandwich.

We had a fab time at the park feeding the ducks ... he was thinking about you at lunch time ... but we made lunch and then played in the garden with the balls and laughed so much!

Hth :D

buzzy bee
27-02-2014, 07:24 PM
Thanks :thumbsup: I did end up just saying something like that so that's good you think the same. I don't want her to be upset thinking LO is unhappy.