PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, very emotional and need to vent

pinkellifun
27-02-2014, 12:35 PM
Hi, as said, I apologise in advance. I am newly pregnant :excited: and appear to be very emotional today. I just need to get it all out I think.:blush:

I will admit to feeling like screaming, shouting and crying and wanting to jack it all in to work at tesco where you don't have to worry about or bring anything home with you every day!:crying::ohdear:

Has anyone been in this situation? Did anything make it better or do I just need to breathe? I won't be offended if you say it's my hormones! :)

Mouse
27-02-2014, 12:43 PM
It's the hormones :laughing:

Congratulations on your happy news :clapping:

I don't think you can ever underestimate the emotion and tiredness that goes with being newly pregnant. It's supposed to be one of the happiest times of your life, but all you feel like doing is shouting, screaming, crying and sleeping....and then the morning sickness hits!

All I can say is, it does get better. Rest as much as possible. Eat well. Cut down on any childminding work that isn't absolutely necessary. Let the children freeplay while you sit with your feet up. Put yourself first and put everything else to the back of your mind.

Wishing you a very happy and uneventful next few months xx

Fitrix
27-02-2014, 12:45 PM
It probably is a lot to do with hormones! But - this job takes its toll emotionally as well as in all the hundreds of other irksome ways! We have so many hoops to jump through and plates to juggle its a wonder we aren't all basketcases. Carrying a bunch of growing cells and raging hormones isn't easy at the best of times but congratulations on your pregnancy. Go cut yourself a large slice of cake and yourself some slack!! You'll be fine - and when you're not - come on these boards to rant! Anything particular got you down today? Maybe sharing will make it easier to deal with?

pinkellifun
27-02-2014, 12:54 PM

To be honest, I just woke up and realised it was one of those 'can't be bothered' days and I've just progressively got worse as the day has gone on. I think I just have so much going on at the moment that's it's starting to get to me. Timing could be better as I have just started my Level 4/5 HND as well. I have 2 children during the day and anywhere from 2 to 6 children after school. Not easy to cut back when you need the money, I'm the only earner in my household, and you don't want to let anyone down!

AliceK
27-02-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm sorry but I feel exactly like that sometimes too and I'm not even pregnant :blush:

Hope you feel better soon though :group hug:

xx

watford wizz
27-02-2014, 02:11 PM
I can completely identify with you only other end of woman hood raging hormones, hot flushes and feelings of inadequacy, the thought of what this government are doing just makes me cry 30 to 1 ratios, agencies etc. Ofsted year this year as well as loosing fathering law and daughters wedding. Main wage earner and feeling like Tesco might be an easier option. I swing between being in complete panic to " I'll just do what I do till mrs/ mr O tell me differently" but on my strong days this job has been my life for 23 years and I'm not going down with out a fight ! So if I need a day of free play so be it x this job can be very intense and your its best asset so look after yourself and bump x x

SYLVIA
27-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Congratulations on your news. I think most of us have times when we think why am I doing this, is it really worth the effort. My DP is out of work and at home at the moment, and said to me when I was off on my fourth school run the other day in the rain, "Are you going out again" Yes, this is my job!! Now you know why I want to curl up and sit and do nothing every evening!!. It will pass, and you can get on with looking forward to your baby