PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I just say no??

EmmaReed84
27-02-2014, 06:28 AM
I posted a while back about an ad-hoc boy I have on my books for school drop off and the very occasional pick up. Well, it was getting too much, mainly on the days that DH could not take our own children to school. I would have to take schoolie first, then get 5 kids all back to the car and my own children would not get to school until at least 9.05am!

Anyway, DH had an interview in London on Tuesday, and he seemed really confident with how it went. Yesterday, I just so happened to bump in to Mum whilst she was on her way to the school. I told her about the interview and explained that if he got the job then I would not be able to continue... Mum then said she wanted to talk to me about that, as the school are starting a breakfast club in April and she thought it would be better. So basically a win win situation :clapping:

Then she says... But you can still pick him up right? Only occasionaly, like once a month... in my head *No, say no! No you can't! Do not say...* "Yeah, sure no problem!"

Why? Why can't I just say no!

unalindura77
27-02-2014, 07:34 AM
Sometimes it the mouth blurts out without the brains true consent...happened to me many a time

You don't have to and it's not going to work for you, so send her an email/text/call her and say although you said yes on the spur of the moment you've been thinking about the new arrangement and it's not going to work for you. and that's that. It's uncomfortable for a while, say a day, then you'll be so relieved!

Do it asap so she can't say

smurfette
27-02-2014, 08:02 AM
Sometimes it the mouth blurts out without the brains true consent...happened to me many a time You don't have to and it's not going to work for you, so send her an email/text/call her and say although you said yes on the spur of the moment you've been thinking about the new arrangement and it's not going to work for you. and that's that. It's uncomfortable for a while, say a day, then you'll be so relieved! Do it asap so she can't say

Good advice do it and get it over with, hopefully if it's only one day a month it won't be difficult
For her to manage

Glad it was win win I know ore was stressing uou out

caz3007
27-02-2014, 08:07 AM
I had to Learn to say I will think about it and let you know later. I used to often say yes and regret it

bunyip
27-02-2014, 09:36 AM
One of the most valuable phrases a CM can learn is, "let me check and I'll get back to you."

It buys you time and lets you consider if there really is anything that matters more to you than being liked by a parent for the next 15 seconds. :thumbsup:

maisiemog
27-02-2014, 10:46 AM
When you learn this skill please tell me how to do it! I've yet to learn it and I would love to be able to say no!

Although i did say they couldn't stop late on Tuesday because I was off out!

shortstuff
27-02-2014, 10:48 AM
When you learn this skill please tell me how to do it! I've yet to learn it and I would love to be able to say no!

Although i did say they couldn't stop late on Tuesday because I was off out!

the first no is always the hardest. Im getting better at it as you will see from my thread x