PDA

View Full Version : Gutted! they said no!

butterfly
22-07-2008, 09:20 AM
Well just had an email from the parents who visited last week saying they had chosen the other childminder. I'm gutted but will just have to pick myself up and start again. just feel like everything's an uphill struggle at the moment. i really need some decent leads!

crazybones
22-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Oh sorry about that. Dust yourself down and start selling yourself again. :thumbsup: Oh that didnt sound quite right:eek:

emma04
22-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Sorry to hear that.......It really does grind you down sometimes...but the trick is to rise above it and move on because the more you dwell the worse you'll feel. This job is like a rollercoaster, up one minute and down the next. Just keep telling everyone you meet that your a childminder, i have found word of mouth is a great way to get business! Good luck.:) :)

angeldelight
22-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Sorry about that

Hope you are ok

I am sure something else will come along soon

Good luck and hugs to you

Angel xxx

emma04
22-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Oh sorry about that. Dust yourself down and start selling yourself again. :thumbsup: Oh that didnt sound quite right:eek:

I don't know Annie.......the extra cash would be handy:eek: :eek: :eek: JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

venus89
22-07-2008, 09:29 AM
I don't know Annie.......the extra cash would be handy:eek: :eek: :eek: JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laughing: :laughing:

Sorry to hear that - hope someone else comes along soon x

littletreasures
22-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Sorry to hear they don't want you.

Hope somebody else comes along quickly.

littletreasures

katickles
22-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Oh thats a shame - did they say why they wen with the other minder over yourself?

Mollymop
22-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Poor you, sorry to hear this. Don't let it get you down though, they probably chose the other childminder as they know her, have the same as children, she is nearer to the parents?
I hope you get some more enquiries soon.

childminder54
22-07-2008, 10:53 AM
oh what a shame..

veronicaxx

Banana
22-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Sorry to hear that.

Hope you get another one soon!

x

Rubybubbles
22-07-2008, 01:34 PM
:p sorry to here that, but it happens I'm afraid, I have been very lucky but am dreading moving trying to get my name out and about:eek:

honey
22-07-2008, 08:42 PM
i know how you feel, i have had 3 people come to se me in the space of 2 months and none of them have decided to stay with me, they have all gone to other childminders, you wonder at times what you are doing wrong!!!!!!!!

miffy
22-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Sorry to hear that

Try not to get disheartened - it does happen and it's not a nice part of the job

Hope you get some more enquiries soon

Miffy xx

lauredt
22-07-2008, 10:22 PM
I am really sorry for you. As they had the decency to tell you (I've had some who never got back to me), maybe you could ask them what it was that made them choose the other one over you.. (in the line of " in order to improve my services, blablabla). Or you could check her description on the SureStart website and see what she offers that you haven't got. It might tell you what you need to tweak to have that wow factor.
Good luck for a successful enquiry very soon!

Splish Splosh
23-07-2008, 07:26 AM
sorry to hear that hope something turns up for you really soon.