PDA

View Full Version : Fridge temerature records

Tulip
26-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Hi,
I am just wondering about if I should be recording fridge temperature records if children aren't here. I mean times such as holidays or child free days.
Thanks

gef918
26-02-2014, 11:48 AM
I don't record fridge temperature, just have a thermometer in the fridge. Ofsted didn't have a problem with this. When I was initially inspected by Food Health, they didn't either.

AliceK
26-02-2014, 11:58 AM
I have thermometers in my fridges which I check but I don't write it down anywhere.

xxx

mama2three
26-02-2014, 12:29 PM
I don't write anything down either , unless there is an issue then it goes in my safer food better business folder. The same is true for my daily risk assessments - there is no advantage to ticking to say I have completed it. If there are any issues then they are noted down along with how I have resolved them.

cathtee
26-02-2014, 05:57 PM
I don't record mine either, but do check it everyday the same with risk assessments I think if we re ord everything we will be swimming in a sea of paper:panic:

moggy
26-02-2014, 06:06 PM
There is no requirement to write it down at all. Why would you? Who would you write it down for?!

If you were working in a catering kitchen with many members of staff and a manager who needs to see who checked what and when, then you would write it down.
We work alone so no one to write it down for.

FloraDora
26-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Hi,
I am just wondering about if I should be recording fridge temperature records if children aren't here. I mean times such as holidays or child free days.
Thanks

My environmental officer explained it was good practise to record fridge temperatures, and so I do. Ofsted at pre reg visit was also very pleased and explained they look for this sort of thing as evidence of excellent practise under heath and safety, not a requirement but if you want to go that extra ....
I don't on days the children are not here and record they are not here.
My DH does it, we have three fridges/ two freezers. One fridge freezer has a temp gauge and so he just checks monthly that that is still recording the correct temp and records it, so we just glance at the outside door temp gauge for that. We have always liked to know that our temps are ok in fridge and freezer so the only addition is a quick record on book in the kitchen.

We store food for lunch, so I like evidence to show I am storing it correctly, just in case there is any comeback.... I have been witness to an accusation of food related illness in my previous life, the records she kept proved our school cook was not to blame...in this blaming, suing society, a quick note is worth it in my opinion!

*daisychain*
27-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Never have recorded it, don't intend to start either .