PDA

View Full Version : Newbies have you seen this?

PeekABoos
25-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Early years educators - Children and young people (http://www.education.gov.uk/childrenandyoungpeople/earlylearningandchildcare/h00221927/earlyyearseducators)

I am so confused by it does it mean only if you want funding? Can you do a level 3 and not have to worry about the GCSE's. Does anyone know a bit more information? Thanks x

gef918
26-02-2014, 08:25 AM
I've read the article and I'm confused too. However, I think that it doesn't only apply to funding. I think that you need the GCSEs to actually do the course?

PeekABoos
26-02-2014, 09:56 AM
So if you sign up for CYPOP5 before August that's fine? Sorry mind is muddled! xx

gef918
26-02-2014, 12:41 PM
I think it only applies to level 3 training not CYPOP5 ? But, yes it will only take effect from September, so if you are already studying that should be fine.

I think!

PeekABoos
27-02-2014, 01:54 PM
I think it only applies to level 3 training not CYPOP5 ? But, yes it will only take effect from September, so if you are already studying that should be fine. I think!

I could of sworn I read cypop5 was level 3 somewhere lol. Fingers crossed. Thanks x

rickysmiths
27-02-2014, 02:01 PM
CYPOP5 is one large Unit of the Level 3 Diploma Children and the Young People's Workforce so yes it is at a Level 3. The idea of doing this as the introduction to childminding is to encourage people to carry on and complete the full level 3 Diploma.

PeekABoos
27-02-2014, 02:46 PM
CYPOP5 is one large Unit of the Level 3 Diploma Children and the Young People's Workforce so yes it is at a Level 3. The idea of doing this as the introduction to childminding is to encourage people to carry on and complete the full level 3 Diploma. Aww thank you. I am hoping to go on and do the OU Degree in early years, I just need to be working in a childcare environment 6months full time first. So if I am doing that before August 2011 I won't need to worry about doing gcses as a necessity? Sorry for stupid question I have also emailed my LA and department of education got clarification xxx

PeekABoos
28-02-2014, 10:17 AM
Just read this https://www.dorsetforyou.com/childca...etails/Level-3 I think it's only if you want to go on to do the Level 3 with Pacey etc that you need the GCSE's. I want to do the degree with Open Uni so should be fine. xx

gembo
02-03-2014, 04:23 AM
Do you know if you can do the NVQ3 diploma if you don't work in a child care setting currently? I really wanted to start mine ASAP and it will be a while before I'm registered as only just started the ball rolling!

FussyElmo
02-03-2014, 06:54 AM
Do you know if you can do the NVQ3 diploma if you don't work in a child care setting currently? I really wanted to start mine ASAP and it will be a while before I'm registered as only just started the ball rolling!

I do believe that you have to be working in a childcare setting.

Rick
02-03-2014, 07:46 AM

As mentioned on another thread, I have recently finished the level 3 diploma and almost every criteria asked me to evidence from my setting, so you need to be working in order to answer it properly :thumbsup:

gembo
02-03-2014, 11:06 PM
As mentioned on another thread, I have recently finished the level 3 diploma and almost every criteria asked me to evidence from my setting, so you need to be working in order to answer it properly :thumbsup:

Thank you :)