PDA

View Full Version : Weird bumps- help please

CookieCutter
25-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Hi everyone, I discovered some sort of rash on a lo's legs earlier. Her legs were very red with raised bumps (looked like mosquito bites but much larger, and some of them had gone really pale). Lo hasn't been well recently and isn't quite herself today (shouldn't be with me really). Anyway, I rang parents and finally dad got back to me saying he'll come pick lo up. I've just put lo down for a nap and had a peek at her legs...bumps totally gone, just looks a bit red now!

Has anyone ever dealt with this before? Am I right in still having dad take lo to dr? I'm sure he'll think I've made it up.

sarah707
25-02-2014, 01:54 PM
It's always better to get things checked out x

loocyloo
25-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Aged 3 my dd and a mindee both spent the same 6 mths getting urticaria ( nettle rash looking type rash ) on different parts of their body that would come and go! One minute on a leg then gone a few hours later on the face and then 3 days later on an arm etc ...
The dr said it was the body fighting a viral infection and to use calamine and parecetamol if needed but it would eventually go! One day mindees mum said she hadnt seen it for a while and neither had I!

primula
25-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Aged 3 my dd and a mindee both spent the same 6 mths getting urticaria ( nettle rash looking type rash ) on different parts of their body that would come and go! One minute on a leg then gone a few hours later on the face and then 3 days later on an arm etc ...
The dr said it was the body fighting a viral infection and to use calamine and parecetamol if needed but it would eventually go! One day mindees mum said she hadnt seen it for a while and neither had I!

Something else I didn't know about! Thanks.
This forum is so good!

VeggieSausage
25-02-2014, 05:40 PM
It is hives or urticaria as someone else said - it is caused by an allergy - all 3 of my daughters hace had this in the past, one of them when they ate strawberries for the first time, another who ate a hot cross bun for the first time and then other spiced food later and my other from something else but I can't remember what!!! Anti-histamine syrup - they go and come back in different places skin around red and hot - will last a week or so until allergen out of the system and body calmed down....