PDA

View Full Version : Two year check

Kirsty90
25-02-2014, 10:23 AM
I look after a lo who turned 2 last Thursday. I was planning on doing her two year check this weekend as did not have time last weekend but I found out last night that she had her two year check with the health visitor yesterday. I know I still need to write up her two year check but do I not need to share it with anyone now other than her parents?

Thanks

Kirsty x

hectors house
25-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Wow - I was going to post saying contact the health visitors team and find out what age they do the check as in our area they don't do them until 30 months, but your area are really prompt - just do the report and give copy to the parents, for all other children ask the parents to tell you AS SOON AS THEY HAVE THE APPOINTMENT THROUGH!

I try to do my own 2 year review for when the children turn 2, just in case their appointment is brought forward (then I have a rough idea of where they are at) and then I am to do a full 2 year check for when they are 30 months as 6 months can make a huge difference at this age.

sarah707
25-02-2014, 02:05 PM
It's still important to record parents views - and child's if they communicate them to you - and just pop a copy in the child's file :D

gef918
26-02-2014, 07:27 AM
My lo turned 2 at the start of the month. Talked with parents about setting a date for a meeting about it the week he turned 2. However, due to illness and other commitments, we still haven't managed it. Fortunately no HV appointment yet.