PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Gift Budgets

Cinders22
24-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Just curious to see what everyone sets as their budgets for birthday gifts for the childminding children as I really don't want to go over the top but don't want to be stingy either at Christmas time I gave all my children a little gift which worked out at avg £10 per child but my other half thought that was going over the top it would be lovely to have other childminders thoughts and suggestions. thanks in advance

tess1981
24-02-2014, 12:27 PM
10 is my limit on gifts per child. through out the year i pick up toys in sales.. sainsburys have 75% off sometimes so can get really good toys for under £10
plus when a parent sees a good gift makes me look good lol

maisiemog
24-02-2014, 12:32 PM
£10 is my limit as well although I also pick things up in the sales throughout the year. Also try and get stuff in argos 2 for £15 as well. If you shop around you can get good quality presents quite cheaply!

Already started Christmas shopping for this year! Mostly stocking fillers that will also be perfect if DD is invited to parties etc.

loocyloo
24-02-2014, 01:39 PM
I aim for around the £5 mark for presents ... but also depends on child, if I see something perfect etc or also, how long they have been coming.

I look for presents in sales and when there are deals on, and buy bits & pieces throughout the year.

I often buy books from book people or the works and these work out very cheap, and I can give a few at a time.

at Christmas I spend as little as possible, as I have 10 or so mindees to buy for!

cathtee
24-02-2014, 02:23 PM
I spend around £5 for birthdays I usually buy them a top of some sort and at xmas I but a gift of £5 and put sweets with it.

FloraDora
24-02-2014, 02:47 PM
I look out for good buys throughout the year for family and friends, so have continued to do so for CM inding.

Found these: LEGO DUPLO 10559: A Fairy Tale: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games (http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-DUPLO-10559-Fairy-Tale/dp/B00C57IRN8/ref=sr_1_1?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1393252973&sr=1-1&keywords=lego+fairytale)

In TKMax this week, farm, jungle and caterpillar too for £4.99 each instead of £10.00 elsewhere, so ideal gifts for LO's.

gef918
26-02-2014, 07:56 AM
I spend about £5 on a gift. We do a lot of celebrations for birthdays though, with party food, cakes, disco and party games, etc. I think that that is more important than an expensive present.

maisiemog
26-02-2014, 09:50 AM
I spend about £5 on a gift. We do a lot of celebrations for birthdays though, with party food, cakes, disco and party games, etc. I think that that is more important than an expensive present.

Same. Each child gets to choose the meal on their birthday or the day closest to their birthday and we have a cake for them as well. They love that they get to be focus of attention with so many children here!

JCrakers
26-02-2014, 09:52 AM
I just give cards for birthdays as I have 16 mindees. Its not the money but the time needed to remember each birthday and find presents for all of them. :(

I do get xmas pressies but that in itself is stressful enough.