PDA

View Full Version : Black Eyes!

Blueeyedminder
24-02-2014, 08:52 AM
I have to mindee's, a brother 3, and sister 2... Today they have come in with a big black eye each! Parent explained what happened, I believe them and have no concerns...
It's half term now and I want to take the kiddies out, but I'm so ashamed! What on earth are people going to think of me! Especially because I work in an area where everyone knows everyone!!

gef918
24-02-2014, 09:23 AM
I know what you mean. I had a child come to me with a black eye and when we went out I was asked "What happened?". I had to say it was confidential and couldn't tell them. I wondered if they thought I was hiding something.

You can't stay in though - it's not fair on the children. Just grit your teeth and get out there.

Jiorjiina
24-02-2014, 10:49 PM
I had one mindee show up one morning with two big black eyes and a massive, livid scratch across his face, because he'd tripped, fallen and whacked his head on the corner of a coffee table at home. While we were on the school run we were puddle splashing and he fell over again (he was 18 months old at the time, so tumbling over was a fairly everyday event for him), and managed to get his hair, trousers and coat soaked with filthy water and mud and leaves.

You can imagine the looks I got from some of the parents at the school gates. I'm surprised I never had Ofsted or SS land on my doorstep!

bernesewalking
25-02-2014, 06:44 AM
Many years ago I had two mindees turn up on a Tuesday morning, one had a lovely black eye from falling onto a stone and the other had a broken arm where he fell off a unit, both boys were 18 months at the time I did find that quite embarrassing to go out, it looked as though the first one broke his arm punching the other one in the eye!