PDA

View Full Version : variation change

jackie 7
23-02-2014, 08:45 PM
i have had been asked by current parent to have her child on 5 days not 4. She has to study as was sick and had to drop out of collage.
ok i knew what to do 2 families no isues but 1 said but our child is a bit of a handfull how will you manage> first thought was so in a nursery do you think he would be 1 of 3 no 1 no5. didnt say that. i said 2 months ago would have been different, didn't say wanted to give notice because of tantrums parents, couldn't cope with. Said trouth he was a changed child etc, the trouth. Will give ra tomorow so hope they agree to it. I need them to say yes because mum needs the time and I need the money! Any ideas on how I can ccconvince them i can amnage and that if it is aproblem i will change.

smurfette
23-02-2014, 09:09 PM
If it's just to study rather than working you could give it a go surely and if it doesn't work it doesn't work? Surely they would be ok with that?

loocyloo
23-02-2014, 09:15 PM
good luck.

I tell all parents on starting ( and those that were with me when it changed to applying our own variations ) that I will, if needed, apply variations for children currently in my care and I will tell them when these will be happening. I ask them to sign a form to say that they have been told this will happen, and that they talk to me about any concerns at any time. I also, gently, point out that they could all benefit from my being able to cover extra days etc ( and therefore, not to make a fuss unless really necessary! this is unsaid but implied! )

so far everyone has been happy, and once I have agreed a variation and completed a RA, I give all parents affected a form stating date/s and that I will be caring for 4 children under the age of 5.

sarah707
24-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Parents have raised a concern - you have listened - your RA says you can manage it - you have shared it with them and reassured them - you can start off for a trial period and see how things go.

Good luck x