PDA

View Full Version : Question about maximum children

JCrakers
22-02-2014, 04:51 PM
I have 9 mindees at the moment between 3-6pm on Mondays and Tuesdays and have 2 children of my own. (11 and 15) My dd's friend will be here every Mon and Tues after school as I've agreed for her to spend time here until her Mum gets in from work.
This means I will be at my maximum of 12 for MM insurance.

Now I've had an email from another mindee (he's nearly 11yrs old and only comes ad-hoc) Mum has asked for a few days here and there in March and April but she's not too sure of the dates until next week. He's not been since November which is why I said Yes to dd's friend. :rolleyes:

My dh works from home on Mondays, does anyone know if my own 2 children still count in the 12 if hubbie is at home?

FussyElmo
22-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Probably best ring your insurance and check :thumbsup:

JCrakers
22-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Yes, will do on Monday :D :thumbsup:

I didn't think they would be open today so just wondered if anyone knew as I'm impatient..lol

FussyElmo
22-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Now Im going to ask a question but do our children count in our insurance - why do we need PLI for our own children who would I sue if they had an accident myself.

Im well within numbers for insurance so its never occurred to me before :thumbsup:

blue bear
22-02-2014, 05:54 PM
I don't know but would love to know the answer when you find out

chris goodyear
22-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Not really sure and would like to see what mm say but I was under the impression that your own children were counted until they reached the age of 14. That's what it used to be and also although it was 8 years ago my daughter was only approved as my assistant because her partner only worked evenings and could look after her own baby, at the time they all lived with me. So going by this I would say yes you can take the other child as your 15 year old won't be in your numbers and yes to hubby being around for your 11 year old. Lets see what answer you get on Monday.