PDA

View Full Version : Development Officer visit and my mind has gone blank!

freckleonear
21-02-2014, 04:26 PM
My DO is coming out to see me next week. The problem is I'm not working at the moment and it feels like I've forgotten everything I ever knew about childminding! I gave notice to all my families before Christmas due to stress and ongoing health problems, but am keeping my registration open until it runs out in November so that I can look after a friend's little boy occasionally.

So, what do I need to have ready to show her? Will she be interested in the paperwork from the children I had previously? Have there been any important changes over the last couple of months that I should be aware of? Thanks!

caz3007
21-02-2014, 04:29 PM
I would have put her off to be honest especially as you are planning on stopping later in the year. I haven't seen hide nor hair of DO in years

freckleonear
21-02-2014, 05:00 PM
I already had to cancel last week as I was in hospital so I can't really mess her around again unfortunately.

AliceK
21-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Is it a requirement that we HAVE to let our DO visit?
I have not had any contact from mine for 5 years and then get a msg a couple of weeks ago to say she wants to come for a chat. Feel like telling her Ive managed perfectly well for the last 5 years without any help or input from you but actually I have agreed to meet with her as I want to grill her on a few things :laughing:

xxx

caz3007
21-02-2014, 05:28 PM
I don't think we have to have the come. I have had one come round once in 8 years and that was about 4 years ago

FussyElmo
21-02-2014, 05:30 PM
if you are not working because of ill health I would tell her this and rearrange if you start back up :thumbsup:

wee_elf
21-02-2014, 06:01 PM
I agree if you are not working because you are poorly then I would explain that to her and tell her you will let her know when/if you start operating again. If you do have her out, could you quickly just write out a action plan for the next year - if you need training etc? It may give you something to talk about xx

Mrs Scrubbit
21-02-2014, 07:43 PM
In my 24 yrs of c/minding I never, ever had a DO visit me, never heard of any in my area at all xx