PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

lorraine04
21-02-2014, 09:39 AM
I guys, I'm looking for a little advice regarding a two and a half year old mindee that I have had since the age of 6 months old. My problem is that I had a month off for maternity leave in July. He was just about to turn 2 and was perfect lol. I came back to work after 4 weeks off and he is soo spoilt, doesn't want to play unless I do or make things for him. Won't really try anything new. Has a tantrum if I make him tidy up after each activity. Wants to watch tv all the time, Tells me I'm mean if I tell him when he's in the wrong or that I'm not putting the tv on...and that he doesn't want to come to my house any more. Initially I shrugged it off but the more it goes on I now dread him coming. Mum said she can't understand why and that a couple of times there has been tears because he doesn't want to come. This makes me feel bad. I will always tell him when he's not behaving well and I always give lots of praise too. The only thing I can put it down to is that he gets away with murder at home as he is the last of 3 and mum lets him sleep in her bed because she says she knows he will be her last and wants to hold onto him for as long as possible. The more I think about it the more I wonder if it would be best to give notice or stick it out and hope things change as he gets older...

gef918
21-02-2014, 10:27 AM
I think you need to have a chat with mum.

It sounds like it was quite a drastic change from before your maternity leave, perhaps he feels 'pushed out' now that there is a baby in the house. Sometimes time will help, other times perhaps it is in the best interests of the child to give notice.

Hopefully other people will have better advice.