PDA

View Full Version : Nursery and childminder

It's a small world
20-02-2014, 05:32 PM
I does anyone have a simple form for communicating between them n nursery.,I had a book but it never got filled in so thought i may create a file with a form explaining mindees progress and have a comment box in for them complete . Would this be ok with ofsted ? Does anyone have a form i can look at to get an idea of what I need to include? Thank you in advance xx

Simona
20-02-2014, 06:35 PM
I does anyone have a simple form for communicating between them n nursery.,I had a book but it never got filled in so thought i may create a file with a form explaining mindees progress and have a comment box in for them complete . Would this be ok with ofsted ? Does anyone have a form i can look at to get an idea of what I need to include? Thank you in advance xx

If you don't want to create a new piece of paperwork you could photocopy your assessment in the LJs....ask for parent' permission and send it to them every time you do one

If you collect from nursery hand it in yourself...do they send you anything in return?
I would say Ofsted will be ok with that...evidence of sharing on your part...make sure you record this in the child's records

Rick
20-02-2014, 06:40 PM

I put a simple sheet in this thread. Maybe this will help

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/learning-journals-scrapbooks-diaries/114591-sharing-info-nursery.html

moggy
20-02-2014, 06:44 PM
No point creating more paperwork for yourself or for nursery.

Always give them a copy of your progress reviews, tracker, planning or whatever you do. Always ask for a copy of there's (they may or may not cooperate but at least ask and document that you are asking).

Write a letter yourself (to save parent the job) addressed to nursery key worker, cc to Manager from parents and yourself. In the letter say who you are and that parent wants nursery to work with CMer, sharing information on learning and development. Show the letter to parents, explain what it is about, ask them to sign it, you sign it too and hand deliver to nursery.

Ask nursery when would be convenient to come in to see nursery LJ, ask for a photocopy of nursery LJ and keep it in your LJ, offer them a copy of yours.
Make sure you are getting nursery newsletter and send them yours.

Try 100 different ways in and something is bound to work.

Make it easy for them (no extra paperwork) and make it clear it is what the parents want.

Like us, nurseries are busy people too, but also they want to keep parents happy!

gef918
21-02-2014, 10:44 AM
I do my obs and summaries on the computer, so I just get parent's permission to e-mail these to nursery. You may need to hit the nursery with a sledgehammer to get anything in return, but keep persevering and write up every attempt to share information.

catswhiskers
23-02-2014, 11:37 PM
I've given up trying to communicate with nurseries, even though it took a lot of time and effort on my part and wasted pages of introduction letters, photos, observations.

As long as you can show Ofsted that you've communicated with a said nursery, i.e. have a photocopy of a letter of introduction etc.that you've sent them, then that's all that's needed really.

One of the nurseries I tried to be in communication with etc. actually got an 'outstanding' in communicating with other agencies! This was after I sent them lots of my paperwork but didn't even get a reply back or acknowledgement, even though I used to collect the child from nursery at 3pm every day!

One of my mindees started a nursery for one day last Sept. while I had him the other 4 days. Up until December, when he left, they had made no contact with me.