PDA

View Full Version : ssafa checks....how long????

sutherland
06-01-2008, 10:58 PM
I am only now waiting on my ssafa checks to enable me to be registered.

The forms were sent off mid November, anyone any ideas on how long they usually take. Ofsted advised on contacting them to chase but can find no general number for them either!!!!

Michelle...x

Rubybubbles
06-01-2008, 11:00 PM
R U still waiting for them? :eek: , I didn't have one (don't ask think I must of missed something on the page!), I know the girl that used to live on your street had to phone and chase them up on this too! Maybe someone will have a number for you somewhere

good to see you back on;)

sutherland
06-01-2008, 11:07 PM
R U still waiting for them? :eek: , I didn't have one (don't ask think I must of missed something on the page!), I know the girl that used to live on your street had to phone and chase them up on this too! Maybe someone will have a number for you somewhere

good to see you back on;)

I Know, its soooo frustrating as I had back my CRB's, Health forms, refs etc and pre reg done by Xmas and was hoping to be up and running by Feb Half Term. Well going to call Ofsted 2moz to check again with them if theyve had it back yet, and trawl for a number for ssafa if not.

Michelle

Rubybubbles
06-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Give me your number in the morning, I've had a few calls for April onwards already, I can pass you number on then to any more inquires, have you got anyone lined up in the shadows?

carolinel
06-01-2008, 11:16 PM
sorry, but what's ssafa?

sutherland
06-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Give me your number in the morning, I've had a few calls for April onwards already, I can pass you number on then to any more inquires, have you got anyone lined up in the shadows?

Thanks Emma that would be great. Nothing as yet, have only just posted out flyers to playgroups etc in area as am not sure when able to take on an lo's. Its a real pain!

See u in the morn.

x

sutherland
06-01-2008, 11:22 PM
sorry, but what's ssafa?

Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association..........

All us lucky forces wives/husbands have to have (or meant to have!!!) this extra check.....make sure we not been up to anything naughty that wouldnt be recorded anywhere else I think?!?!

Michelle

carolinel
06-01-2008, 11:23 PM
oh thanks for that - feel really nosey now!!

Rubybubbles
06-01-2008, 11:23 PM
sorry, but what's ssafa?

Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association ! there you go lol

For some reason some people in the RAf, Army whatever have to have ssafa checks along with everything else, I didn't, beginning to think I missed something on the form lol!!

Rubybubbles
06-01-2008, 11:24 PM
opps joint posting!! You nosy parker:D

charleyfarley
06-01-2008, 11:25 PM
sorry, but what's ssafa?

Something to do the forces. Must admit when we were in army I didn't get in touch with them only the estate warden

Carol xx

Shirlwith3
07-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Hi
I didn't have to wait long for my ssafa check just over a year ago, I did phone ssafa up & was told I was not meant to call them.
It took me from sending my forms to register to receiving my cert was 9 weeks.
I am now exforcesas hubby got out las Feb but we are still in our quarter for medical reasons my son needed surgery on his jaw we should be moving sometime this year.
Shirl

Spangles
07-01-2008, 09:00 AM
My hubby's SSAFA check took about 2 months, it seemed like a lot longer though!

button68
07-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association..........

All us lucky forces wives/husbands have to have (or meant to have!!!) this extra check.....make sure we not been up to anything naughty that wouldnt be recorded anywhere else I think?!?!

Michelle

I thought it was quite strange that Forces peeps have to have these 'extra checks' but Merchant Navy don't.

Mandy xx

littlesprogs
07-01-2008, 10:49 AM
I sent mine off in october and am still waiting. thankfully i'm due to move house soon so am in no rush for it really at the minute now. But it is still annoying. Your hubby can get the number from work thats what my hubby did but if you have any problems getting it let me know and i'll ask hubby for it for you (he's at work at the min).

good luck x

sutherland
07-01-2008, 11:19 AM
I sent mine off in october and am still waiting. thankfully i'm due to move house soon so am in no rush for it really at the minute now. But it is still annoying. Your hubby can get the number from work thats what my hubby did but if you have any problems getting it let me know and i'll ask hubby for it for you (he's at work at the min).

good luck x

Thanks for that. Have just called ofsted and it is still outstanding, she said that this is the one thing that they are not allowed to chase, and my dh is in Marham for the next 2 weeks so just going to keep calling every couple of days to check and if no luck by time he's back will get him to find the number.

Hope the move goes well.

Michelle

littlesprogs
07-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Thanks for that. Have just called ofsted and it is still outstanding, she said that this is the one thing that they are not allowed to chase, and my dh is in Marham for the next 2 weeks so just going to keep calling every couple of days to check and if no luck by time he's back will get him to find the number.

Hope the move goes well.

Michelle

dont mean to sound nosey but what is he doing in marham? I live in marham you see.
Ofsted tried chasing mine up but they couldnt even get through to the right department.