PDA

View Full Version : sef log on

3 little ducks
19-02-2014, 09:21 PM
having trouble accessing the sef online, can print it our but want to do it online and submit it that way. When I enter my log on details it lets me in the site but I get the following message "our records indicate that you are not currently allowed access to the service you are trying to enrol in" any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Tealady
19-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Have you got your Ofsted security token? That's your authorisation to log in and complete it online

3 little ducks
19-02-2014, 09:42 PM
yep I used the security token to log in and it says my name on the page so I know I am logged in ok just cant open the sef. May have to call Ofsted in the morning if I cant do it.

Simona
19-02-2014, 09:47 PM
having trouble accessing the sef online, can print it our but want to do it online and submit it that way. When I enter my log on details it lets me in the site but I get the following message "our records indicate that you are not currently allowed access to the service you are trying to enrol in" any ideas what I am doing wrong?

It is most infuriating...or at least I am finding it so
The easiest way I can blooming get in is to google 'Ofsted online' and click on the link...then enter my Gateway number

Can Ofsted simplify their SEF a bit?
I hate those small windows you see your writing in and ...after tapping away endlessly you get the message 'you have not input and are about to be logged out'...AARRGGHH!!!
and why is it every time you save it goes back to the beginning?

All this work and then the inspector arrives unannounced and hasn't bothered to look at it!

3 little ducks
19-02-2014, 09:54 PM
oh no Simona, very frustrating! Am hoping that tomorrow it will work giving up now as just going round in circles x

Simona
19-02-2014, 09:56 PM
oh no Simona, very frustrating! Am hoping that tomorrow it will work giving up now as just going round in circles x

Let's have another go tomorrow!
Hope you get in ...if not come back for help :thumbsup:

3 little ducks
20-02-2014, 09:07 PM
still no luck getting onto the sef. didn't get chance to call Ofsted today, maybe tomorrow. Still gave me more time this eve to add more notes to sef. Its odd cos I have done sef last year and want to update it. when I last did it it was the old sef, not the new one would that make a difference?

blue bear
20-02-2014, 09:51 PM
The only way in I have ever got it to work is to google government gateway and go in that way

Simona
20-02-2014, 11:36 PM
still no luck getting onto the sef. didn't get chance to call Ofsted today, maybe tomorrow. Still gave me more time this eve to add more notes to sef. Its odd cos I have done sef last year and want to update it. when I last did it it was the old sef, not the new one would that make a difference?

Not really sure 'How' I get to it these days...google...put in gateway number...no need for that long OST anymore...ehi ho !!

3 little ducks
26-02-2014, 09:17 PM
aaaaarrrgggggggg I still cant get on to do it. called Ofsted Friday who told me they would call back and they still haven't. :mad::angry: lets me log in and just wont let me access sef says I am not authorised to access this page grrrrrr

Simona
26-02-2014, 09:34 PM
aaaaarrrgggggggg I still cant get on to do it. called Ofsted Friday who told me they would call back and they still haven't. :mad::angry: lets me log in and just wont let me access sef says I am not authorised to access this page grrrrrr

I would ring Ofsted again and ask them to put you through to the SEF IT support dept...do not wait for whoever has taken your call to call back

Good luck