PDA

View Full Version : Terminating contract what would you do?

Blueeyedminder
19-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Hi just wondering what to do...

I have a little girl 6 who comes after school on a Wednesday for £10. I've had this little girl for 2.5 years now and I love her to pieces. During school holidays she's with me all day.

I've had an enquiry for 9mth old who wants a Wednesday and a Friday. Fridays I can do but on Wednesdays I am full. I've asked girls mum if she can swap days to make room for baby but unfortunately she can't change her working days.

In July this little girl along with her brother and another mindee will be leaving me as they'll be in school so I'll be losing £130 a week :(

I can't afford to turn away a new baby and £60 a week for the sake of keeping little girl for £10 a week.

New baby doesn't want to start until April but wants to arrange childcare this week!
Should I give notice and terminate little girls contract in April to make space for baby??

sarah707
19-02-2014, 08:18 PM
It's always a tough one and very emotive ... but at the end of the day you have to do what is best for your business and your family.

hugs xx

wee_elf
19-02-2014, 09:24 PM
what a difficult situation, but I agree you need to make a living at the end of the day :)

Gemz81
19-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Have you got 6 under 8's? Surely the child after school does not affect your under 5's ratio? Obviously I dont know what other children you have in your care but im confused why you have to turn away an afterschool child for an under 5. Sorry if this comes across in a negative way I dont mean it to be im just curious.

Blueeyedminder
19-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Have you got 6 under 8's? Surely the child after school does not affect your under 5's ratio? Obviously I dont know what other children you have in your care but im confused why you have to turn away an afterschool child for an under 5. Sorry if this comes across in a negative way I dont mean it to be im just curious.

I work alongside another childminder and we have up to three children each a day that's why I'm in the situation I'm in