PDA

View Full Version : Help please.....

Kerry84
19-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Have an 8 month old boy starting next week, I am new to all this and he will be the youngest so far, first of all what sort of activities etc can I plan and how would I go about obs and next steps with a little one like this? Tia :-)

Tunja
19-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Have an 8 month old boy starting next week, I am new to all this and he will be the youngest so far, first of all what sort of activities etc can I plan and how would I go about obs and next steps with a little one like this? Tia :-)

You should be able to meet the entire EYFS from your routines and incidental outings until the child is somewhere between two and three years of age. Next steps: crawl, use a spoon, pick up finger food or similar.:thumbsup:

hectors house
19-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Just by following his automatic development will be able to tick off have the development matters with an observation and/or photo to match, next steps will be encouraging him to crawl by putting a toy just out of reach or hold his own beaker. Create a treasure basket with natural materials in it, watch how he explores them using all his senses.

If I have paints with older children then I tape the plastic mats to the table, squirt paint onto it and let the babies swish they fingers through it - you can take a print of their artwork by pressing down on the paint effects with a piece of paper.

If the older children are doing music and instruments, I give the baby a set of bells or a shaker.

Look at what you offer the older children and try to adapt it to suit the younger one too.

Kerry84
19-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Thank you both, that is really helpful :-) x