PDA

View Full Version : MRS TRUSS FB PAGE GET POSTING!!!

rickysmiths
18-02-2014, 10:16 AM
Please add your post to Mrs Truss's FB page. Many, many cms and parents are now commenting.

Please get your parents to comment and email her. The more that do so the better.

This is her email address: elizabeth.truss@education.gsi.gov.uk

Here is the link to her FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/ElizabethTrussMP/posts/1466091966939173?comment_id=270448&notif_t=like

You can also Tweet her but I don't so maybe Simona who does could add the link for that?

Tulip
18-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Thanks for that rickysmiths, looks like i might have to join facebook!

VeggieSausage
18-02-2014, 10:54 AM
I posted a great long blurb about why I hate agencies and invited her to look at my childminding fb page, so far she hasn't liked it!!

donnam
18-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Done not that she will listen x

JCrakers
18-02-2014, 11:43 AM
I have written for all the good it will do. She has her head so far up her ass that she wont be able to read the posts :mad:

FussyElmo
18-02-2014, 12:25 PM
This was posted on her fb page last night.

Just to remind everyone who is trying to get in contact with me regarding educational matters please email me at the department for education instead my constituency email. Thank you.

The correct email address is: elizabeth.truss@education.gsi.gov.uk

Now she has asked us nicely to get in touch at that address would be rude not to.

rickysmiths
18-02-2014, 12:37 PM
This was posted on her fb page last night.

Just to remind everyone who is trying to get in contact with me regarding educational matters please email me at the department for education instead my constituency email. Thank you.

The correct email address is: elizabeth.truss@education.gsi.gov.uk

Now she has asked us nicely to get in touch at that address would be rude not to.

Quite Fussy, the more that email the better. If we clog up the works and she doesn't listen maybe some of her staff will.

AdeleMarie88
18-02-2014, 12:55 PM
I've emailed her, I feel a little bit like a thug with a mob mentality, I like it! Hahaha x

rickysmiths
18-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Here is Ms Trusses Twitter account

@trussliz

kellyskidz!
18-02-2014, 01:56 PM
I've emailed her, I feel a little bit like a thug with a mob mentality, I like it! Hahaha x

Hahahahahaa:ROFL1:

maisiemog
18-02-2014, 02:06 PM
I'll be wiring an email to her later when I've got the time to concentrate on what I want to say! I would also send a copy to your own local MP as if they get enough of their own constituents nagging them about it they will look into the issue!

Simona
18-02-2014, 02:15 PM
I am not sure why Truss is reminding everyone of her DFE email...that has been her official one for ages

It is the one we sent many letters to her about the barriers we were meeting for the funding months ago....I believe many CMs got a reply ....I did too.
But that was because the funding is in her interest for Cms to access so she could claim success on that policy...although many have decided that unless the funding is raised they won't bother right now so Truss has opened the floodgates for schools to take those children
I know there is a lot of anger out there which has increased since Truss cancelled the associations' meeting last week

Truss offered for someone from the DfE to chair the meeting in her place...as she was very busy delivering her policies at the Resolution Foundation at 9am although the cms meeting was schedule around lunchtime.......that offer was turned down but...we know that she has promised to reschedule for March

I have one concern.......Truss does not like confrontation, apart from the Newsnight interview a while back when she faced all her opponents who gave her a hard time ...she has never, since then, faced anyone directly
My worry is that she will not agree to a meeting in March if she gets antagonised....I feel that meeting is important !

Anyway she is now off to Shangai and will surely come back all 'chinese' about maths in schools as she turned all French about nurseries.
One thing I am sure of...I hope the next govt has a minister for EY and childcare dedicated to our sector and not one with no idea about either of them.

jackie 7
18-02-2014, 02:32 PM
I just emailed her again. Can we overload her inbox?

loocyloo
18-02-2014, 02:45 PM
just sent a stroppy email! and cc'd my mp!

( my mp won't be pleased, told me last time that she could do nothing more ... than write to truss and forward me the same old letter! )

maisiemog
18-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Here is Ms Trusses Twitter account @trussliz

Is there a specific hashtag we can use to get it trending on twitter? My sister is a twitter addict and I'll get her on the case! She needs agencies to fail so I can give her a job!

wee_elf
18-02-2014, 04:20 PM
I also sent a email and copied in my local MP, about a week ago? The MP got back to me but not a thing from Truss, so onto FB page I go!! x

AdeleMarie88
18-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Is there a specific hashtag we can use to get it trending on twitter? My sister is a twitter addict and I'll get her on the case! She needs agencies to fail so I can give her a job!

How about #donttrustruss?

I had many other alliteration ideas to go with 't' but I'm not a meanie!!

natlou82
18-02-2014, 06:17 PM
I have sent a message to my local MP to read the comments made on the FB page x

Simona
18-02-2014, 06:31 PM

YES...you can use any hashtag you like as long as people who tweet use it for every tweet...then all the tweets will appear in that thread like for those who participate in #eytalking or Ofsted Big Conversation ...which is @OfstedBigC...then the hashtag is #OfstedBigC

In a way that is the best way to spread the message because when people retweet you could be sending the message to thousands of followers...it will also capture the EY sector who will join in

Let me know if she sets it up...if she good at it she will find a way.

unalindura77
19-02-2014, 10:30 AM
How about #donttrustruss?

I had many other alliteration ideas to go with 't' but I'm not a meanie!!

I was having a bad morning til I read this! Fab..

unalindura77
19-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Looks like she's getting a lashing on Twitter!

jackie 7
19-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Just keep posting. Think I will twit her tomorow. Did email yesterday. Fb today. Might send email to Lbc radio now it is uk wide. Then start again with email to her.

Simona
19-02-2014, 04:10 PM
Looks like she's getting a lashing on Twitter!

Are tweeters using a special hashtag because I have not seen anything?

maisiemog
19-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Are tweeters using a special hashtag because I have not seen anything?

My sister is going to get on it at the weekend. Shes working til then! She's got a few ideas to use that might get it trending. Will update you when she's made a start

rickysmiths
19-02-2014, 05:23 PM
I don't go on Twitter but it sounds as if you are all doing a fab job. Thank you. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Simona
19-02-2014, 05:28 PM
My sister is going to get on it at the weekend. Shes working til then! She's got a few ideas to use that might get it trending. Will update you when she's made a start

I used to reply to Truss and use #trussology since she is full of ideology and little knowledge!!

Tazmin68
19-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Has anyone actually received a letter from Truss about agencies and changes etc. I received a letter from her today.

Deb

Simona
19-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Has anyone actually received a letter from Truss about agencies and changes etc. I received a letter from her today.

Deb

Can't be possible...she is in China learning how to do maths!
The CMs letter was about her proposals...did you get one about changes?
which ones as she seems to fire them at great speed every time she opens her ....sorry...gives a speech on #trussology!!!

Tazmin68
19-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Yes about the proposals. Looks like we are all getting them as it's mentioned on Facebook as well looks like we getting them through the post last week and this week.

wee_elf
19-02-2014, 09:19 PM
The woman is a genuine menace!! :mad::mad:

rickysmiths
20-02-2014, 08:10 AM
This has been put on FB means nothing to me!! It is for those who Tweet!!

If anyone has twitter we're trying to get ‪#‎notochildmingagencies‬ trending
Please pass this on and tweet!
@angieschildcare

Open it up to tweet and just put in #notochildmindingagencies and any other comment you want to add!

rickysmiths
20-02-2014, 08:12 AM
Yes about the proposals. Looks like we are all getting them as it's mentioned on Facebook as well looks like we getting them through the post last week and this week.

Could you post a copy of the letter if it is not the same as the one that was published a week ago? It would be interesting to see any differences.

Simona
20-02-2014, 11:02 AM
This has been put on FB means nothing to me!! It is for those who Tweet!!

If anyone has twitter we're trying to get ‪#‎notochildmingagencies‬ trending
Please pass this on and tweet!
@angieschildcare

Open it up to tweet and just put in #notochildmindingagencies and any other comment you want to add!

Thank you for sharing .....I think what is going on is confusing because a few hashtags appeared yesterday but I doubt anyone followed them
I did see #saynotochildminderagencies ...there is no discussion there....and this morning a new one appeared...it needs to have @trussliz too in any message so she gets the message in her account

We need a catchy one and Maisiemog is looking into that

Personally I am against agencies but that is not the only thing I am against...the Regulation of Childcare is far more a threat than agencies...my view of course

There was a discussion on LinkedIn yesterday about this...CMs need answers not just about agencies but about many issues still vague for us
I did write a letter to PLA Under 5 magazine with a list of questions and it got printed in the current issue......those are 'some' of the questions Truss, DfE and Ofsted should address and I agree why are they not answering?

I would like to know how the trials are getting on but until they have ended, I think April is the deadline....what can they say? it is strange that not one of the trialling agencies have said anything

This is my letter and questions...it had to be edited to 300 words from over 1500 and had more questions but these are the pertinent ones

Dear Editor
In response to the speech E Truss gave at the Family and Childcare Trust conference I would like to ask a few questions as an independent CMinder.

-The number of CMs has dropped but the rising number of CMs assistants is never mentioned. Why?
Are CMs leaving due to fear of agencies despite reassurance they will not be compulsory?

-Funding is now accessible to CMs, however, sustainability remains an issue for the whole sector. Why has the funding been frozen for years?

-Registering is bureaucratic but applying to be 'suitable people' means the process has to be tough.
Could she not reduce bureaucracy?
Agencies may guide CMs but will they pay costs incurred in the process?

-E Truss states parents will find it easier to 'employ' CMs.
CMs are 'self employed' unless agencies will want them employed as a condition of membership?

-Many CMs run successful businesses.
Will an agency not charge dearly for support?

-20 agencies are trialling a model asking CMs to suggest ways to be supported.
If they do not know how why were they chosen to become an agency?
How will LAs who become an agency justify support for their members but not ICMs?

-What are her expectations based on that CMs will increase?
Should her responsibility not be to ensure current CMs remain in the workforce and treated with equal concern?
When is her dept going to make a decision regarding our registration fee?
Should the huge majority of CMs wait until the agency fee is worked out?

-Rising costs are hitting providers and have risen relentlessly under this govt.
What is she doing to reduce our prohibitive expenses and address funding?

Truss' responsibility is to all CMs not just those who may opt to be part of an agency.
In her drive to see her ideology come to fruition she is prevented from seeing the merit in any point of view other than her own.

There were many more but no room to include them

JCrakers
20-02-2014, 11:35 AM
I got a letter from her last week.....It went straight into the recycling bin

maisiemog
20-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Have had a quick chat to my sister, she agrees it needs to be catchy, she likes #donttrusttruss because people will wonder who she is and why but it offers no explanation to our cause.

To get it trending we need to tweet like mad and all of us use the same hashtag. We also need some sort of celebrity endorsement if possible so all their followers will see tweets. And bloggers! And whenever we see a news story about it we need to tweet our reply using the hashtag.

Who is actually on twitter?

maisiemog
20-02-2014, 03:48 PM
I got a letter from her last week.....It went straight into the recycling bin

I'm obviously not worthy of her...still waiting for mine!

Simona
20-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Have had a quick chat to my sister, she agrees it needs to be catchy, she likes #donttrusttruss because people will wonder who she is and why but it offers no explanation to our cause.

To get it trending we need to tweet like mad and all of us use the same hashtag. We also need some sort of celebrity endorsement if possible so all their followers will see tweets. And bloggers! And whenever we see a news story about it we need to tweet our reply using the hashtag.

Who is actually on twitter?

I am and know a few others from the forum
I follow @EYTalking...plenty of people in the EY sector like consultants, writers and those in OBC who would follow the account and use the hashtag
If you followed the #eytalking when the DfE and Lucy Powell co-hosted the tweets were endless in the space of an hour

We could invite EYE, Nursery World to join in...plenty out there

Has your sister thought of an account name?...something with CMs in it such as @CMsSOS!...then the # to go with it could be
#trussiswrong
#canyouhearustruss
#trusslisten
#nototrusspolicies

or something more catchy?

loocyloo
12-03-2014, 06:44 PM
I emailed and TODAY got an emailed reply. ( I also CCd my MP who replied a couple of weeks ago, saying she was passing my comments/questions to micheal gove )

the email DOES seem to be in reply to what I wrote, although it does go on ( and on and on ) about the benefits of agencies, and how if you don't like one, you can leave and join another. I didn't mention a '2 tier system of childminders' but they talk about the fact that they are NOT creating one, so this makes me think it is a standard reply! they also responded to queries about 2 yr olds in school saying ' it doesn't have to be in school, but schools can arrange wrap around care and this can be with childminders ' . however, it doesn't read that any notice has been taken of anything!

the email came from one of the 'Dept of Ed communications division' as the minister gets so many letters and emails she can't respond personally!

Jayse74
12-03-2014, 09:05 PM
My other half feels like she has been given a massive slap with a very big Fish!

Forget Childminders working at the local school from September, I will be AMAZED if we get any business at all from that place soon as the crunch month comes around :(

The new provision coming has a habit of basically taking over everything and then nobody else gets a look in. Maybe a couple of scraps but that is it!

We will only be having EY's if we are lucky. Personally I am not ready to give up working in this job but what can I do? My partner is plodding on. I think what is really getting to her is how alot of parents in the playground keep dropping slightly patronising and sarcastic comments at her! Why must they do this? None of them use us, none of them are forced to? its not like we have 38 children every day is it?. Just our allowed ratio. The parents of our current mindee's seem respectful enough, some more than others. But for how long... will they all run to the new wraparound care? We just do not know.