PDA

View Full Version : Help with pre-reg booklet

Elkie Mawdsley
17-02-2014, 08:36 PM
Hello

I am a pre-reg and completing the booklet now.

One of my concerns about how good I will be is the planning activity stuff, and how I will make sure that it helps to develop the smaller and slightly older child.

Question 1 of the pre-reg booklet therefore has me stumped, so any advice?

Its asking me to give an example of a play acitivity for a very young child and a four year old for each of the seven areas of learning.

moggy
17-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Have a good read of Development Matters, there is a lot of information in there and you can use examples from there too- look at each Area, look at the young age stages and the older ones. Look at the Enabling Environments column and use that to inspire activities. If you know any children of those ages maybe think about what they like to do, what works well for them- you only need to write a sentence or so for each. Don't over think it, it can be quite straight forward.

flipflop20
18-02-2014, 06:39 AM
Hi I'm pre-reg too, and started looking at the booklet. Now considering I have a 6mnth old and a 4yr old question 1 should be easy right? I think it's actually writing it down rather than just doing it. Anyway have a look at babycentre.co.uk. On there they do development week by week and then by month at older ages. They have activities to play each week. That has really helped me.

Good luck with it all

Glitter
18-02-2014, 10:31 AM
I struggled with this question as well. Then some one pointed out that most activities are very simple. Reading a book, feeding the ducks and singing a song to a baby while giving them a cuddle, are all simple activities which cover several areas of learning, but I was making it all so complicated.

Elkie Mawdsley
19-02-2014, 07:31 AM
Thank you all - think I may have been over thinking it. :)