PDA

View Full Version : STILL waiting!

misskft
17-02-2014, 09:28 AM
Still waiting for my registration certificate 2 weeks on from my pre reg visit. Got settling in visits booked nect week help!!!

kellyskidz!
17-02-2014, 09:34 AM
Don't panic, mine took 2 weeks to come too and a lady in my village had hers within 4 days. I'd say if it hasn't arrived by tomorrow or weds then give them a ring to check its status and ask for an estimated time. It may be that you're one of the unlucky ones who have to wait a bit longer and it may mean asking parents to rearrange the settling in dates by a day or two just in case xx

misskft
17-02-2014, 09:40 AM
Thanks hun ill email the family to say there's a hold up. Am praying theu dont go elsewhere. So much rides on this certificate arriving this week. Rang ofsted just now they said it hasnt been signed off yet is with final regulators. She couldn't give me a tine frame arghhhhhh!!!!

kellyskidz!
17-02-2014, 09:48 AM
I'd hold off emailing until maybe Thursday, you never know 'with the final regulators' might mean its just a case of them signing it (maybe today) then posting it, it could be here by weds or thurs, touch wood.
If you do have to email parents be honest and tell them why, you hope they understand that this shows how you are serious about following the rules (it does show that you are doing everything by the book, and their children will benefit from this) and that you will contact them as soon as certificate comes through.
If I was a parent and my cm told me she'd have to reschedule for this reason I wouldn't be annoyed, I'd be glad she was doing it the right way
It is really annoying though for you, especially when you have families waiting and I hope it comes soon x

misskft
17-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Thanks hun yes I just wanted to be honest with them I wont break the rules no cert=no insurance etc and want to be covered for settling in. Im hoping it wont come to that. Fingers crossed its signed and posted next couple of days theyve had it 10 days apparently. Lady on phone said theres a queue of certs to be signed.

wee_elf
18-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Could you go and do a home visit to them next week if your certificate isn't here on time? It may appease the parents and help you get to know the children xx

misskft
18-02-2014, 05:39 PM
Good idea hun. Was muted a while back I could nanny for them for a bit until reg was done. Then swap to minding at mine. Whats the deal re insurance at their home? And id have my lo with me x

dolly1985
19-02-2014, 07:58 AM
I am still waiting for my certificate, so I contacted Tribal and they said that they have a deadline of 20th Feb to get their report from my pre reg visit back to Ofsted then Ofsted said it can be another two weeks to get to me in the post!!

I am going to chase Ofsted on 21st Feb!

Darcydo
19-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Still waiting for mine too :( Had visit nearly a month ago now and still 'with the regulatory body' and 'waiting to be signed off'. It's soooo frustrating but I'm glad I found this thread and know I am not the only one...

misskft
19-02-2014, 10:41 AM
Hi Darcydo thats exactly what I keep being told. Ive got parents waiting am afraid they will go elsewhere if this carries on. Am ringing ofsted daily now. Today they told me it takes 2 weeks from when they receive the report. Ive ben told different every time I call. Frustrating! !!

dolly1985
19-02-2014, 02:34 PM
I was told two weeks from when they receive the report!

Just keep chasing guys!!

dolly1985
20-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Can anyone tell me-will my registration number be the same as my unique ref number? The one that starts EY?

My local authority pay for PACEY membership and i want to apply for that asap but still waiting on my certificate!

I really wish this was a more speedier process as I have someone waiting to start!!!!

mummymacd
20-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Hi hun, I am also waiting for my certificate. Had me registration visit 8 days ago but am so impatient. I emailed ofsted last night to ask if they have made a decision. Awaiting their response lol........... Hope yours comes soon xxx

mama2three
20-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Can anyone tell me-will my registration number be the same as my unique ref number? The one that starts EY?

My local authority pay for PACEY membership and i want to apply for that asap but still waiting on my certificate!

I really wish this was a more speedier process as I have someone waiting to start!!!!

yes Dolly that will be your registration number.
Hope everyone certificates are with them soon x

dolly1985
20-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Thank you!!

mummymacd
20-02-2014, 04:45 PM
The reply I got from Ofsted stated "It can take up to 14 days for an application to be signed off" So I guess I have to sit and wait. However, yours has been longer than that now hasn't it?? Hope you hear soon. I know how long it feels waiting for the postman to arrive xx

dolly1985
20-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Well tribal (inspectors company) had 14days until they had to get the report to ofsted-deadline was today and i checked with ofsted and ofsted now have the report and now they are saying up to 2wks! Could potentially be 4 weeks in total

mummymacd
20-02-2014, 05:18 PM
I hate being so powerless to move forwards xx

misskft
20-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Had my reg visit on 3rd feb ofsted they received my report on 11th and is 14 days from then so im looking at 25th at the earliest. **rocking in a corner now**