PDA

View Full Version : Wooly Chocolate Eggs Activity - EASTER :)

amylouise867
16-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Hey all

I have been busy making some wooly chocolate egg holders in preparation for our Easter party.

I know Easters a few weeks away but I plan to do a big Easter egg hunt so need to plan ahead so I am prepared as time is precious - any free time I'm getting I'm busy getting things sorted for future plans lol

Anyways

What you need-
PVA glue
Chocolate eggs
Coloured Wool
Water balloons

Method-

Put the chocolate into the balloons

Blow them up and tie them to get your egg shape.

Soak the wool in the PVA glue and begin to wrap and bind it around the balloon. Take care that the holes are small to prevent your chocolates escaping!

I then used wooden pegs and attached them to the radiator dryers I have - I put the radiator driers over the top of the doors in my house to keep away from my inquisitive cat and the little monkeys here lol.

Woke this morning and they were dry so I have burst the balloons and I am thrilled with the outcome.

Made 7 successful ones - 2 there wasn't quite enough wool and collapsed when I burst the balloon but never mind - plenty of time left to make more haha :)

Had to share with you all as the minders who have older children this will go down a treat with them.

It's quite therapeutic strangely too lol and will keep them busy.

Put some music on and get wooly egg making haha.

Additional idea - you could add numbers inside the egg and when you do your Easter egg hunt the person who has the largest total when all their numbers are added wins a special prize maybe?

You could take the little ones shopping too to get the materials I managed to get the wool and PVA glue at a great price from The Works. I got some kinder egg packs from B&M 99p for around 12 mini ones - placing 2-3 in each egg.
Wool £1.25 each
PVA £2.99

Will try and get a photo uploaded for you :)

Amy :) xx

Glitter
17-02-2014, 01:57 PM
I am defiantly going to try this. I would love to see a photo if you have time to put on one.

SYLVIA
17-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Sounds lovely. We made these wooly ball at xmas and sprinkled them with glitter. They are fun and easy to make and they looked wonderful. Enjoy the egg hunt

samb
17-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Wow that sounds amazing!

amylouise867
18-02-2014, 08:33 AM
I am defiantly going to try this. I would love to see a photo if you have time to put on one.

Hey,

I have photos but they just will not upload - keeps saying I have exceeded the allowance, but I have no way of making the photos smaller :(

Shame because photos bring things to life more
:(

Don't know why I've added lots of photos in the past?! Just suddenly stopped?! Not sure whether they have altered some settings?! xx

FussyElmo
18-02-2014, 08:36 AM
Hey,

I have photos but they just will not upload - keeps saying I have exceeded the allowance, but I have no way of making the photos smaller :(

Shame because photos bring things to life more
:(

Don't know why I've added lots of photos in the past?! Just suddenly stopped?! Not sure whether they have altered some settings?! xx

Its just means the photo is too big - I think :laughing:

try using something like this to resize it and try again :D

Resize your image online - It's easy, it's free! (http://www.resizeyourimage.com/)

Macca3437
23-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Wow Amy, they sound amazing.
Did they take long to make? Think we will give this a go too. The kids will love it. Thanks for the great idea.

gef918
23-02-2014, 10:05 AM
They sound great. Can't wait to try it.

kaz26
20-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Sounds great will def be trying it thanku

amylouise867
21-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Wow Amy, they sound amazing. Did they take long to make? Think we will give this a go too. The kids will love it. Thanks for the great idea.

Not really you just need a good set up to make it easier for yourselves that's the key.

Make sure you have somewhere to put the eggs once they are done to dry.

I can't remember if I said in my original post but I pegged mine up on radiator airers.

I hooked the airers over the door and pegged the balloons by their tips up on the bottom rail.

Keeps them out the way then of little hands lol :) xx

Macca3437
22-03-2014, 12:10 AM
Oh yes preparation is definitely the key to success. Thanks again