PDA

View Full Version : Ill and not happy!!!!

15-02-2014, 11:57 PM
All week I have had mindees arriving with streaming colds and hacking coughs. They have all looked dreadful but parents have sent them along and the mindees have just got on with the day.

Now as predicted, I have caught it and feel SOoooo rough!!!!!! I have spent the whole of my Saturday in my Pjs feeling awful and unable to do a thing :(. I still feel naff now and have a feeling that I will be exactly the same Sunday!!!!!!

But come Monday regardless of how I feel I will probably be back working and with extra kiddies as it's half term :(

Really wish sometimes that parents could see the bigger picture before they send their ill children to me

blue bear
16-02-2014, 10:14 AM
I always have to bite my tongue when parents send obviously well children with its just a cold but when they get in themselves they are off work to unwell to go out.

hectors house
16-02-2014, 12:56 PM
I'm sure in time you will build up some immunity - all of my mindees have had coughs and colds that go round and round for months but so far I haven't gone down with it, make sure you wash your hands using anti bac soap or gel each time you wipe their noses - my hands are soooo dry but at least I haven't caught the colds.

gef918
17-02-2014, 06:39 PM
My mindee was off on Weds because he was ill. Back on Thurs and was very snotty and a little irritable.

This weekend, my husband, 2 daughters and myself have been ill.

Sigh.