PDA

View Full Version : Child protection..

Jelly Baby
15-02-2014, 08:51 AM
Found a website that ensures this online course is Ofsted approved..am I allowed to put it?!
Just wondered if anyone else had done it as need to get mine done asap due to Ofsetd coming?
Thanks

Kaybeaa
15-02-2014, 09:21 AM
I recently asked my local authority co coordinator if I could do an online safeguarding course (haven't done one yet and my inspection is due) and she told me it would be a waste of time and money as it needs to be approved by your local authority. Have you asked your LAC if there have been any dates set in your area?

Jelly Baby
15-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Hi,

I have mentioned this on a previous thread BUT! our development worker is now independent, this means we have to pay her for help and it is a LOT! most childminders in my area have decided against it so we are all self sufficient as such..this one says Ofsted approved..anyone know?

DAWN44
15-02-2014, 09:59 AM
I've had a nightmare over safeguarding course. I've been asking my local authority for over a year as I needed to do one. Then I get a complaint and Ofsted turn up and say I need to do urgent safeguarding course, cos I've not done one for ages.

So then I ring education again, who is never any help, she says yes do pacey one. That's what all the childminders do. Took a blooming complaint for them to advise me.

So I've done that one, I've also done childcare.co.uk one ( free for gold members) that was same as pacey one.

We don't get any training anymore in my borough so online will have to do x

Jelly Baby
15-02-2014, 10:45 AM
I've had a nightmare over safeguarding course. I've been asking my local authority for over a year as I needed to do one. Then I get a complaint and Ofsted turn up and say I need to do urgent safeguarding course, cos I've not done one for ages.

So then I ring education again, who is never any help, she says yes do pacey one. That's what all the childminders do. Took a blooming complaint for them to advise me.

So I've done that one, I've also done childcare.co.uk one ( free for gold members) that was same as pacey one.

We don't get any training anymore in my borough so online will have to do x

Thanks for the reply.
Hmm sounds like a nightmare!
How do we do the pacey one? Im with Morton Michel?
Does anyone know if im I allowed to put this link to the one ive found?!
Will be doing it online as haven't any choice!