PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

Sarahj2012
14-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Hi, I was wondering if I could get some advice. I'm new to childminding and I'm looking after my first little one after half term. He goes to nursery 3 days a week and then I'm going to have him 2 day a week. I asked his Mum if she could ask the nursery if they could photocopy his LJ and next steps I thought this is what I had to do so I can carry on what the nursery are doing plus it gives me an idea of where he is at development wise. Mum has said the nursery have refused to photocopy anything and saying that a childminder does not need that information. Have I gone wrong somewhere and not understood things ? Regarding the little one idea shall I start with his starting points and chats with his parents so I have an idea of what stage he is at ? Any help would be most appreciated.

blue bear
14-02-2014, 04:03 PM
I imagine they might think you want copies and pass it off as your own work to ofsted? I'd get written authority from mu to share info with nursery and pop down and introduce yourself, ask them in what way you could work together, would they like copies of your observations? So they have proff of working with you for ofsted. Can they tell you about lo at nursery give you some starting points to build on

It always works better when you offer something up first, Definetly face to face is harder to say no to then a message or a phone call.

gef918
15-02-2014, 05:21 PM
You should at least be able to look at the learning journey (show them signed permission from mum).

Some nurseries and pre-schools are terrible at sharing information, so be persistent!