PDA

View Full Version : uniform

Kidston
14-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Just wondering what everyone else wears while they are working?

mama2three
14-02-2014, 02:48 PM
whatever falls out of the wardrobe when I open the door and doesn't look too crushed!

loocyloo
14-02-2014, 02:51 PM
I tend to wear jeans, long sleeved tshirts, jumpers/fleece/cardigan mainly in black with occaisonal other colours. Black blunstones boots.

In summer its usually cropped trousers and tshirt, again, usually black but with a few more colours appearing!

I have a fleece jacket that says childminder on the back that I wear most of the time as my coat.

Tazmin68
14-02-2014, 05:47 PM
I have polo shirts with my name on. I have t shirts also with my name on. I have a waterproof coat and fleece jacket also with my name on. I have a business name of Debbies Daycare this way I can put these through my accounts. This comes in handy especially as I care for a child who is tube fed and is sometimes sick and it is like point stripper and can ruin carpet and clothes.

Deb

FloraDora
14-02-2014, 06:05 PM
I just wear my casual clothes, but I have a weekly set that have been assigned to work. I wear lots of different aprons to match the children's when I do craft, paint, bake and water play. I have a garden fleece that I use for gardening and since nine times out of ten we garden when we are outside then I wear that.
I don't need to advertise and I don't do school runs so I like to wear clothes that make me look like I am at home, not in a nursery or school.

cathtee
14-02-2014, 06:49 PM
I wear jeans and long sleeve tops in the winter and jeans/linen trousers in the summer with short sleeved tops.Keeping the same ones just for work.

FussyElmo
14-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Whatever is ironed :laughing:

Mrs Scrubbit
14-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Normal clothing for me too, but I do have some that I keep aside for 'out of hours' wear. I have often met parents during my time off and they always seem to say ( in a surprised voice !!) 'gosh you look nice, off somewhere special' ? .........'ummm..yes doing the weekly shop' ( not being covered in snot, dribble, paint, glue, food and other unmentionables is quite a shock to some, they seem to think its my desired fashionable look) :laughing: xx

yummyripples
15-02-2014, 12:19 AM
Track suits from sports direct. £15 and they wash well

gef918
15-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Jeans, t-shirt, jumper.

Thinking about getting some polo-shirts with my name/number on for advertising though.

wee_elf
15-02-2014, 10:47 PM
I am thinking of getting my name on tshirts for advertising purposes. Just wondering has anyone ever attracted clients this way thanks xx

Simona
16-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Maybe all cms should start wearing Tshirts/unforms to attract the schools' attention so they can approach us to help them run their wraparound care?

Glitter
16-02-2014, 10:27 AM
I have separate t-shirts and jumpers for when I am working. When kids all go home I get changed (normally into the same sort of t-shirt, but in a different colour), as it helps me to feel that I have finished work for the day.

I have seen a child minder recently with a cloth shopping bag with 'I am a Child minder' on it. She hangs it on the pushchair, or puts it in her trolley at the supermarket. She has been stopped in the street and asked for more details.

wee_elf
16-02-2014, 10:16 PM
I think I will try the canvas bag idea, and a sticker for my car window :). Thanks xx

cupcakencookie
16-02-2014, 10:28 PM
The Good Bag Company do a lovely bag with Childminders are Good on it. One of my lovely parents got me one for Christmas! :-)

specks4
17-02-2014, 07:27 AM
Just ordered myself a childminder bag from bag company.

PeekABoos
17-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Where do you all get your uniform made? I would love to get some for my setting once I open :-) x

happyfeet2013
17-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Be interested to hear where u got all urs from

Tazmin68
17-02-2014, 05:03 PM
I get from a local company who makes all of the school uniforms for most of the school in the Birmingham area and as their factory is only a couple of miles away I have found them to be great.