PDA

View Full Version : Storing emergency numbers in first aid kit

Tulip
14-02-2014, 02:22 PM
Is it ok to keep emergency numbers in the first aid box?
I've got child's name
Mum's name and all phone numbers for her
Emergency contact name and phone number
Child's doctor's phone number.

I don't want to breach data control as first aid box isn't locked.
Also what about carrying such info on my person?

Can anyone tell me please, thanks.

moggy
14-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Is it ok to keep emergency numbers in the first aid box?
I've got child's name
Mum's name and all phone numbers for her
Emergency contact name and phone number
Child's doctor's phone number.

I don't want to breach data control as first aid box isn't locked.
Also what about carrying such info on my person?

Can anyone tell me please, thanks.

I do this, it is quite common and makes sense. I have the same in my first aid box at home and in my travel first aid kit in my handbag, and all in my mobile phone too.

sing-low
14-02-2014, 02:28 PM
I store emergency contacts in my first aid box too. Can't remember now who said to do this - possibly on my First Aid course. I think I would justify it by saying that my house is locked (whether I'm in or out!) and in an emergency there might not be time to find my keys and open my file box to get relevant info. All other information of a personal nature is kept locked away. I have numbers stored in my phone and on emergency cards too for out and about. How else would you contact parents?!

Tulip
14-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Thank you moggy and singlow, I've got them in several diffent places, just want to be sure I doing right.
I don't know where I got that info from but probably from reading something on this fab forum :)

Mouse
14-02-2014, 02:39 PM
I've got a similar sheet in my first aid bo and it has never been an issue.

At my last Ofsted inspection the inspector didn't even look in the box, though the one before did and she thought it was a good idea.

Tulip
14-02-2014, 02:40 PM
I've got a similar sheet in my first aid bo and it has never been an issue.

At my last Ofsted inspection the inspector didn't even look in the box, though the one before did and she thought it was a good idea.

Brilliant :)

hectors house
14-02-2014, 05:11 PM
I think sometimes you have to weigh up the risks - what would be more likely to happen a) that a burglar break in and steal your first aid kit with contact details in or b) that you needed to get your emergency childminder round to look after the children while you went to hospital with a sick/injured child and as you have taken your handbag with emergency contact details and phone in the other childminder can't contact other parents to collect their children?

I have my emergency numbers in my handbag in a credit card wallet and printed off at the front of my register my car has a sign in it saying "If I am involved in an accident, any children in the car are minded children - please ring my husband on xxxxxx so he can contact parents" - he has list of contact details and days children attend so he can phone parents - list is kept in his locked briefcase, but if he needs to come quickly if I'm badly injuried - it's in my policies that he can give list to personnel officer to make calls.

I think I'm going to add a list to my first aid box too - so thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

line6
14-02-2014, 06:00 PM
I think sometimes you have to weigh up the risks - what would be more likely to happen a) that a burglar break in and steal your first aid kit with contact details in or b) that you needed to get your emergency childminder round to look after the children while you went to hospital with a sick/injured child and as you have taken your handbag with emergency contact details and phone in the other childminder can't contact other parents to collect their children? I have my emergency numbers in my handbag in a credit card wallet and printed off at the front of my register my car has a sign in it saying "If I am involved in an accident, any children in the car are minded children - please ring my husband on xxxxxx so he can contact parents" - he has list of contact details and days children attend so he can phone parents - list is kept in his locked briefcase, but if he needs to come quickly if I'm badly injuried - it's in my policies that he can give list to personnel officer to make calls. I think I'm going to add a list to my first aid box too - so thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

I've got a similar laminated sign in my car that points emergency services to my husband who can locate the emergency details of any minded children I may have with me.