PDA

View Full Version : Flannels with loops/hooks?

clare83
13-02-2014, 06:34 PM
Has anyone seen flannels which have loops/flaps in them. I have set up a towel rack for the little ones with a peg each but the flannels keep falling off. I don't really want to use hand towels unless I have to. Many thanks xx

sing-low
13-02-2014, 07:01 PM
IKEA have them - with different coloured loops.

loocyloo
13-02-2014, 07:16 PM
IKEA have them - with different coloured loops.

exactly what I was going to say!

clare83
13-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Perfect, thanks. A day trip to ikea I think ;-)

vals
13-02-2014, 07:50 PM
i just sew some on.

FloraDora
13-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Has anyone seen flannels which have loops/flaps in them. I have set up a towel rack for the little ones with a peg each but the flannels keep falling off. I don't really want to use hand towels unless I have to. Many thanks xx

I started with the ikea ones, but the LO's couldn't always distinguish the colours and separate pegs were a pain in my downstairs loo and upstairs bathroom when Visitors came/ stayed. So now I do posh hotel system of rolled up nice white flannels in a nice basket for towels, children 'take and shake' ( any excuse to rhyme) no confusion on whose is whos and my friends and family love it too, it looks quite nice sat in a nice basket. We have another matching bin basket to throw it into when used. The children love the routine.
I had swine flu a few years ago when it was an epidemic and I have been neurotic about sharing towels, handrails, doors on shops, escalator rails, train seats etc... So it suits my fussiness too...when you think about how many visitors touch your towel when they visit the loo on a gathering!!!!!

loocyloo
13-02-2014, 09:04 PM
I have a towel rail in my downstairs toilet. I bought some plastic shower curtain rings and put a laminated name&picture card on each one. I then add a face cloth and attach the whole thing to the towel rail.

Seems to work well...Children use their own towel, they don't fall on the floor and I can easily change them each day.

wee_elf
14-02-2014, 10:48 AM
that's a brill idea!!:)

Pixie dust
14-02-2014, 01:07 PM
I started with the ikea ones, but the LO's couldn't always distinguish the colours and separate pegs were a pain in my downstairs loo and upstairs bathroom when Visitors came/ stayed. So now I do posh hotel system of rolled up nice white flannels in a nice basket for towels, children 'take and shake' ( any excuse to rhyme) no confusion on whose is whos and my friends and family love it too, it looks quite nice sat in a nice basket. We have another matching bin basket to throw it into when used. The children love the routine.
I had swine flu a few years ago when it was an epidemic and I have been neurotic about sharing towels, handrails, doors on shops, escalator rails, train seats etc... So it suits my fussiness too...when you think about how many visitors touch your towel when they visit the loo on a gathering!!!!!

Sounds really good but how many do you get through in a day ? You must have a large supply.

pinkellifun
14-02-2014, 02:04 PM
I must admit, I use flannels and just cut a small hole in the label, that way it can been used on the hooks and won't fall off. :)

FloraDora
14-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Sounds really good but how many do you get through in a day ? You must have a large supply.

I have 36, I do a white wash every other day - along with t towels and my DH aprons ( he cooks) Never yet got to the bottom of the pile.

JulieA
14-02-2014, 07:04 PM
exactly what I was going to say!

Me too!

Xxxx

clare83
14-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Just cut holes in the labels of my flannels. Genius! No trip to idea needed :-))) thanks ladies

PixiePetal
14-02-2014, 10:57 PM
I have the basket system of flannels for drying too. Works for me, all ages get the system. I empty the dirty flannel bin when I use the loo so it doesn't over fill in the day. Only had one child drop it in the loo - had to fish that one out!

I have mostly white ones from ADSA - only about 20p each!