PDA

View Full Version : Would you accept this poorly LO?

muffins
13-02-2014, 11:54 AM
I haven't yet spoken to mum but would like to have some idea on what to do beforehand. She text last Sunday to say mindee had been in hospital the night before with a sickness bug ascouldn't stop being sick. Then just now I get a text to say they'd just managed to eat for the first time so will be well enough for tomorrow! Now my thinking is if they'd not been that well for that long & not eaten for that many days they're not going to be well enough to continue a day's activities???

Glitter
13-02-2014, 12:08 PM
If the child has started eating again I would take them, but I would spend the day at home so the child could relax.

I would probably ask the parents to supply food for that day and warn them that if the child did not eat, or seemed unwell, I would be calling them to collect as soon as possible.

Emra81
13-02-2014, 01:03 PM
As long as they've been at least 48 hours since the last incident of vomiting, preferably longer, then I would take them but agree with Glitter in that I would warn parents that if they seem unwell or aren't up to joining in normal activities then I'd be calling them to collect.

Koala
13-02-2014, 02:33 PM
I agree with others - the real question is... when was he last sick? first of all, secondly, when was he discharged from hospital? and thirdly what was the diagnosis and has any medication being prescribed. Always remember the 48hr rule for sickness (a good trick is ask if lo has been sick in last 24hrs - parents can see this coming and say NO!, then say good, when was lo last sick? and you might get the truth). Ask the questions first before telling her the exclusion periods!!! :thumbsup:

He must have been VERY poorly to go to hospital and before I took on the responsibility of any child especially a potentially ill one, I would need to know what I am letting myself in for.

Lo may be fine and over it all now, doubt it, but there we go.

muffins
13-02-2014, 04:21 PM
I questioned the wellness of child, was told has passed a solid stool today, so I asked what about yesterday, this obviously sparked thinking cos the reply was LO didn't pass anything yesterday & has actually been eating since Tuesday:rolleyes:.

I can't accuse parent of lying so I'm just going to have to have child & hope for the best!

Koala
13-02-2014, 06:14 PM
I questioned the wellness of child, was told has passed a solid stool today, so I asked what about yesterday, this obviously sparked thinking cos the reply was LO didn't pass anything yesterday & has actually been eating since Tuesday:rolleyes:.

I can't accuse parent of lying so I'm just going to have to have child & hope for the best!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Parents lie????????? :laughing:

Your right and good luck :thumbsup::thumbsup: