PDA

View Full Version : half term

pollyw
13-02-2014, 10:46 AM
Hello, have half term here next week and I usually like to get out and about as much as possible but with the weather being so uncertain think I will need to have lots of baking and crafts planned! What are you all up to for half term week?

SYLVIA
13-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Still going out as much as possible. Rainsuits and wellies at the ready and ht chocolate for when we get back. Lots of indoor activities sorted as well incase it's really bad. Just looking forward to a school run free week really

Rickers83
13-02-2014, 11:30 AM
I have the week off as all my parents are either teachers or booked holiday, hooray!!

smurfette
13-02-2014, 11:46 AM
My three girls are off so taking Friday off. One of my Los won't be here but rest will so not really any quieter! Usually we do zoo, park trips etc when the girls are off, they help with the little ones and at 8,10 and 12 are too old to drag along to the usual toddler groups and playgrounds we do term time when they are in school . If weather bad lots of indoor stuff but will get out if we can

maisiemog
13-02-2014, 11:54 AM
Got loads of cheap craft activities in. Going to have a day of cooking one day. lots of free play. Cinema one day as well for the £1 showing.

gef918
14-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Train ride to a free museum, Day out to Slimbridge WWT, morning at softplay, junk modelling, baking, etc

cathtee
14-02-2014, 01:28 PM
we have our childminding group on Monday, we're having a birthday party on Tuesday and hoping to do a winter walk with a check list of things to find, and thursday the farm. Friday is my day off so am planning a lie in :)

mrstom
14-02-2014, 01:38 PM
We don't have half term until the week after (boo hiss)

BUT...

Because we're off a different week than the rest of the country and therefore out of 'usual' half term, we're able to afford (for the first and probably only time ever) to go to Centre Parcs!! (c.£330 as opposed to a shocking £850)

Chatterbox Childcare
14-02-2014, 01:54 PM
We have 14 most days next week and will be out and about - asked all parents for waterproofs and wellies.

Also going Bowling as that is 2 games and food for £7.49 (this normally takes us 4 hours to complete), cinema and maybe soft play.

FussyElmo
14-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Lie ins and the winter Olympics :thumbsup:

FloraDora
14-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Landscape photography course ( we might need to acquire a waterproof camera !) and then touring the country to see my sons, one lives in the North West, the other in the South East.......ending on Friday with a groupon deal of a champagne brunch with friends at the top of The cube building in Birmingham ( train in and back I think!)

Hope the week is enjoyable for everyone on the forum.

JCrakers
14-02-2014, 02:42 PM
I have the week off as all my parents are either teachers or booked holiday, hooray!!

There should be a 'no like' button for this :rolleyes:

Lol...Enjoy your week :thumbsup: I'm working all week although Thurs and Friday I'm only doing 9-3pm :D

lisbet
14-02-2014, 05:16 PM
I am closed for the week :D

I spent my very last hour of work for the term cuddling a sad LO with one arm and trying to clean up their vomit (7 lots of it!) with another hand.

Ah well, at least if I catch it I am closed anyway. :rolleyes:

smurfette
14-02-2014, 08:29 PM
I am closed for the week :D I spent my very last hour of work for the term cuddling a sad LO with one arm and trying to clean up their vomit (7 lots of it!) with another hand. Ah well, at least if I catch it I am closed anyway. :rolleyes:

Oh gosh hope you don't! Enjoy uour week off am jealous xx

rickysmiths
14-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Train ride to a free museum, Day out to Slimbridge WWT, morning at softplay, junk modelling, baking, etc

Gosh I used to go to Silmbridge a lot as a teenager with my Grandparents I used to love going there. Is it OK surely it will be quite flooded and waterlogged at the moment?

bunnyjess
14-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Ohh I live near slimbridge