PDA

View Full Version : Slow cookers

It's a small world
11-02-2014, 12:52 PM
I not cm related but does anyone have a slow cooker ? Got one for xmas and have used it quite a lot for main meals but Want to make desserts and cakes but wondered what pots everyone used to put in the slow cooker ( mines 6.5ltrs) xx

silvermist
11-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Hiya. I use mine all the time for main meals byt havent ever made dessers in it. I hear rice pudding done in slow cooker is good. No help im afraid but keen to hear replies z

maisiemog
11-02-2014, 01:38 PM
I make stuffed apples in my slow cooker! Yummy!

Just get some apples, take the cores out and stuff with mixed fruit and a bit of sugar and then stick in the slow cooker! Also nice with chocolate buttons stuffed in but I'm trying to avoid chocolate at the moment.

clareelizabeth1
11-02-2014, 03:55 PM
Go on net mums they have some great recipes for slow cooker deserts. I love the peach cobbler one.

It's a small world
11-02-2014, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE="clareelizabeth1;1341521"]Go on net mums they have some great recipes for slow cooker deserts. I love the peach cobbler one.[/QUOTE
I have recipes just wondered what kind of dish people cook there recipes in as some use dishes that go inside the slow cooker .ie Pyrex etc

I have a fab book that has chocolate pudding and sticky toffee apple pudding x

clareelizabeth1
11-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Yes I use the same dish it can with

It's a small world
11-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Yes I use the same dish it can with

What if you want to make something smaller than the slow cooker have you ever out a dish inside the fish that it comes with if that makes sense ? Like a bowl ??

VeggieSausage
11-02-2014, 06:21 PM
look up the slow cooker groups on facebook ,they have great ideas.....there is a vegetarian slow cooker group too which is v good....

clareelizabeth1
11-02-2014, 06:35 PM
I have done and old fashioned enamel dish I filled main dish with some water then put enamel dish in. Don't often have to make small portions.

wee_elf
12-02-2014, 03:48 PM
you can also make little balls of tinfoil and place on the bottom of the slowcooker and then put your smaller dish on top and they will still conduct the heat xx

covgalxxx
12-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Rice pudding is nice, had that yesterday and even better today, I want to to make self saucing choc pudding.. I made a fakeaway today for me and my family, Facebook have loads of slow cooker sites, pictures are great what ppl make, I want to make more pudding in mine..