PDA

View Full Version : Motion picture licensing company

WibbleWobble
11-02-2014, 10:20 AM
Have had a letter telling me I need to have a licence to play DVDs etc!

I don't think I do....do I?

It's more flamin expense!

Wibble the wondering! Xxxxx

shortstuff
11-02-2014, 10:39 AM
thats a new one on me but then i havent heard we dont need one either x sorry not much of an answer x

QualityCare
11-02-2014, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=WibbleWobble;1341373]Have had a letter telling me I need to have a licence to play DVDs etc!

What are you playing:laughing::laughing:to who, are you charging :laughing::laughing:
never heard of this in the home l think schools have to have a licence l wonder where they got your details from.

k-tots
11-02-2014, 10:53 AM
If thats the case.....then we woukd all need one regardless if we are cm o not as it oukd inply that only the person who bought the dvd can watch it and not watch it with family and friends :-/

Tazmin68
11-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Hi
No we don't I have a letter from the company on file which confirms that childminders do not need this.ni kept it just in case ever asked.

hectors house
11-02-2014, 12:30 PM
No-one can prove that you have watched DVD's with minded children - not sure though if I remembered reading that you were supposed to have this licence to watch Disney films, you could always say that if your own children/grandchildren watch the films while mindees are present that you blindfold the mindees and use ear plugs!

Mouse
11-02-2014, 12:39 PM
In their FAQs it says:

We own the DVD, so do we still need a licence to view or show it in public?

Yes. The location requires a licence regardless of who owns the audiovisual work. While you may own the actual DVD, you are only granted the right to view it in your home, not to perform it in public

So it says that by owning the DVD we are granted the right to watch them in our own homes. I'd argue that we're covered by that :thumbsup:

hectors house
11-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Sounds like the performing arts copyright on music and we are exempt from that one.

sarah707
11-02-2014, 05:58 PM
Nah... ignore it! :D