PDA

View Full Version : Ten minutes til my registration visit

mummymacd
11-02-2014, 10:19 AM
Well, I can do no more. If I don't know enough to impress Ofsted, then I don't know enough. Though I don't think they can expect you to know everything about a job that you haven't started doing yet..........all jobs after all are learning curves. I have been caring for the elderly for fifteen years and I still learn something new every week......Please keep your fingers crossed for me. I need all the good luck I can get. Speak later to tell you my news.

HAve a good day xx

kellyskidz!
11-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine! Xx

AliceK
11-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Good Luck
Come and let us know how it all went :thumbsup:

xx

Tulip
11-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Good luck, just relax now and you will be ok x

CarolineRussen
11-02-2014, 10:54 AM
I had mine 2 weeks ago and after I could not understand why I was so worried, inspector was lovely x Hope all went well xx

Vikki5531
11-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Good luck xx

mummymacd
11-02-2014, 12:28 PM
OK, so lovely Ofsted lady has been and gone. She says she will be recommending me as a suitable person to be a childminder. Says if Ofsted agree I should get certificate through post by recorded delivery. Fingers crossed. Just a quick question. How long did it take for your certificates to arrive after registration visit???
Thanks ladies for your support x

shortstuff
11-02-2014, 12:29 PM
OK, so lovely Ofsted lady has been and gone. She says she will be recommending me as a suitable person to be a childminder. Says if Ofsted agree I should get certificate through post by recorded delivery. Fingers crossed. Just a quick question. How long did it take for your certificates to arrive after registration visit???
Thanks ladies for your support x

Congrats.

I think mine took about 2 weeks?

flipflop20
11-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Well done :)

I'm just starting out in the process and have found reading peoples experiences of the visit really helpful.

If u get time would you be able to write a brief thing about it. Any advice for when I get to it. Also how long did it take you to get to the registration visit - I want to be registered by September start my pre reg course in March.

Thanks and well done again :)

Rachel6
11-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Sending a big hug,you will be fine :-)

silvermist
11-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Congratulations! Mine took 6 days to arrive x

Tulip
11-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Wonderful news, well done :clapping: Your certificate shouldn't take too long :)

FussyElmo
11-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Well done :clapping:

misskft
11-02-2014, 02:04 PM
How was it???

kellyskidz!
11-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Well done :) mine also took around 2 weeks to come through xx

CarolineRussen
11-02-2014, 02:42 PM
I had my visit on a tuesday and got my certificate on Saturday of the same week xx

Vikki5531
11-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Yay well done! Really pleased for you :)

PeekABoos
11-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Yay fab news hun well done :) Time to start your new adventure hehe xx

mummymacd
12-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Well done :)

I'm just starting out in the process and have found reading peoples experiences of the visit really helpful.

If u get time would you be able to write a brief thing about it. Any advice for when I get to it. Also how long did it take you to get to the registration visit - I want to be registered by September start my pre reg course in March.

Thanks and well done again :)

Hiya, I started this whole process way back in Feb last year if I remember correctly. But because I had to work my LA training course around my current work commitments, I didn't actually get round to the application until October. They finally started the ball rolling early November and after waiting two long months for the DBS check to go through (the police dragged their feet) I finally got the call to say they were planning to visit around the second week of January.

With regard the actual registration visit, I was so nervous and convinced myself I wouldn't know enough to
impress the inspector. But she was lovely, asked me to explain how I will use the space, what resources I have got. She asked me to talk her through my risk assessments as we walked around the house, prompted me for any extra info she needed. Discussed the EYFS which I am happy to say you don't need to know that much about to impress.

ON the whole, she was fantastic, pointed me in the right direction, and made the whole visit a pleasure. Just hope my certificate comes soon in the post so I can start advertising now.

All the best with your career hun xx Hope that helps xx

flipflop20
13-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Hi,

Thanks for this it's good to hear everyone's experiences and glad it's not as scary as it sounds. I need to organise first aid course and then put my application in, hopefully it'll happen in the time frame I am hoping :)

Thanks