PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of door saleman....

tori4
10-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Have one screaming child on ur hip and another screaming from the lounge because I've left the room -- I dnot think he even bothered giving his speech - just apologised and left ;-)))

Ha ha ha LOL

kellyskidz!
10-02-2014, 04:48 PM
LOL!:thumbsup:

bunnyjess
10-02-2014, 04:57 PM
Lol
Love it

Mummits
10-02-2014, 08:04 PM
I do know how to get rid of nuisance callers. I say "I can't talk now, but if you give me YOUR home number, I'll phone you back in the middle of YOUR dinner" Nobody ever does!

wee_elf
10-02-2014, 08:07 PM
lol brilliant! :D

maisiemog
10-02-2014, 09:58 PM
I do know how to get rid of nuisance callers. I say "I can't talk now, but if you give me YOUR home number, I'll phone you back in the middle of YOUR dinner" Nobody ever does!

This is exactly what my husband says. We hardly get any calls now!

k1rstie
10-02-2014, 10:59 PM
We do not get many phone calls. We are registered with the telephone preference service. It takes your name out of the call callers magic book I think!

Bluebell
11-02-2014, 07:11 AM
I've got a sticker on my door, that I picked up from the library, saying 'no cold callers' and I'm with the TPS for phone calls too

Kerry30
11-02-2014, 07:29 AM
If i 'accidently' open the door to someone trying to sell double glazing or something, i just tell them 'sorry but i rent this house'. This results in a disappointed look and sloping off! Its not true but gets rid of them pretty quick!!

funemnx
11-02-2014, 07:33 AM
I tell callers at the door that I don't live here and let them assume I'm the nanny! :laughing:

Kerry30
11-02-2014, 07:41 AM
I tell callers at the door that I don't live here and let them assume I'm the nanny! :laughing:

Lol I've done that before too!

tulip0803
11-02-2014, 09:33 AM

My Mum does this with telephone callers too - she tells them all she is the cleaner.

Glitter
11-02-2014, 11:00 AM
My husband looks through the window to see who it is, if it is a salesman he opens the letter box and asks them what they want. Normally they say it doesn't matter and go away.

loocyloo
11-02-2014, 02:05 PM

I do that too or tell them I rent.

clareelizabeth1
11-02-2014, 03:54 PM
If i 'accidently' open the door to someone trying to sell double glazing or something, i just tell them 'sorry but i rent this house'. This results in a disappointed look and sloping off! Its not true but gets rid of them pretty quick!!

This works on the phone to. Sometimes I also pretend I am a 13 year old as they also don't like talking to children. This only works on the phone.

gef918
14-02-2014, 01:03 PM
I always say that I can't make any financial decisions and they need to talk to my husband. Way to pass the buck!

sing-low
14-02-2014, 02:06 PM
I always say that I can't make any financial decisions and they need to talk to my husband. Way to pass the buck!
I do try this sometimes but they then ask when he'll be in. I am so tempted to say the thirtieth of this month but have never dared!

Tulip
14-02-2014, 03:38 PM
I've just had a salesman at the door and turned him away and I feel absolutely awful now.
He was just a young lad, dripping wet and with a slight disability, he had some sort of card with info on.
I turned him away without all that registering, I just panic when someone wants me to spend money!
Honestly though I feel dreadful now, I'm gonna get a 'no cold callers sticker' for my door I think.

Lorna45
14-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Have one screaming child on ur hip and another screaming from the lounge because I've left the room -- I dnot think he even bothered giving his speech - just apologised and left ;-))) Ha ha ha LOL

I have a polite notice in my window explaining my hour of work and asking them not to interrupt me while I'm working.

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

hectors house
14-02-2014, 05:15 PM
I have a poster that I printed from Money saving expert website saying "I don't want what you are selling, so please go away and don't come back"! seems to work :laughing:

littlemiss60561
14-02-2014, 11:28 PM
The phone ones , if they don't get the initial 'sorry I'm not interested' ' reall.. no not interested thanks' polite version and insist it will only take 2 minutes...this is the first time they have ever called me and won't again if I complete a survey they promise... , I say ok then but I need to turn the oven off.. Be back in a miniature, here's some music to keep you company as the kitchens on the ground floor... A childrens cd goes on,and I leave them to it. Once, 5 mins later, the guy was still waiting!! I said I'm nearly done and left him again. Got the hint eventually.
I did get fed up of a window company constantly trying to sell me double glazing and not accepting that I rented, and had new double glazing... 6th call I said ok, yes I'd love new double glazing. They came out, a good hours drive away, and said " oh.. You rent? We can't deal with you where's the landlord?"
Cumbria I think? Several hundred miles away..
And " but you've already got it?"
Erm...yes... I did say...6 times...

blue bear
15-02-2014, 11:06 AM
I answered the door the other day, was pick up time so expecting dad, guy selling wall cavity or something, I tried to explain I can't sat d at the door discussing this as I'm a childminder "oh when is your husband in then, no point discussing it with you is there?" cheeky git.
From now on I'm going to say I'm the babysitter, it's obviously what people think of us and it does get rid of them.

Carol
15-02-2014, 01:18 PM
On the phone I say I'm either the babysitter or cleaner! Door callers told rented property or we are moving house in the next 2 months. My pet hate is answering telephone calls where there is a delay....phone straight down then grrrrr

wee_elf
15-02-2014, 10:59 PM
I have been asked if my mum was in a few times by sellers at the door!! Its my house, I am married and have a baby :laughing: