PDA

View Full Version : Environmental health

Helly Belly
10-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Hi lady from environmental health just popped in checking CM in area ( south derbyshire) , only here 6 mins as I don't cook, kiddies bring their own , all good phew thought I'd share

cathtee
10-02-2014, 01:54 PM
nice and quick, I was due for my check this year I had a letter saying they didn't come out anymore just had to fill in a questionaire and that was it :thumbsup:

AliceK
10-02-2014, 02:39 PM
nice and quick, I was due for my check this year I had a letter saying they didn't come out anymore just had to fill in a questionaire and that was it :thumbsup:

I had the same thing. Thank goodness because the last inspection I had, although she was very nice, she was very very thorough so glad I don't need to go through all that again.

xxxx

Tulip
10-02-2014, 04:03 PM
What do they check when they come out as I've got that to look foward to soon, I registered with them last week.

Simona
10-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Latest on registering as a food business

Requirement removed for childminders to register as a (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1141900/requirement-removed-childminders-register-food-business?utm_content=&utm_campaign=10.03.14%20NW%20Update&utm_source=Nursery%20World&utm_medium=adestra_email&utm_term=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nurseryworld.co.uk%2Fnur sery-world%2Fnews%2F1141900%2Frequirement-removed-childminders-register-food-business)

Tulip
10-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Thanks for that Simona. :) I have read that recently so rang up to enquire and still ended up registering online for it, just waiting to see what comes of it now!

Simona
11-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Thanks for that Simona. :) I have read that recently so rang up to enquire and still ended up registering online for it, just waiting to see what comes of it now!

Thank you for your feedback...can you share if you were asked to register or told it is not necessary anymore although that is for newly registered CMs as of 1 Jan as pointed out in the article?
It may be worth pursuing this to ensure CMs do not have to do what new ones are not required to do.
Thank you

Tulip
11-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Ofsted registered me after 1 jan this year. I rang my local council and was told to fill the online form out or she could send me one, so i've filled one out but haven't heard any more just yet. Of course the lady at the council might not know what she is talking about, now that would be unusual wouldn't it! :laughing:
It's another job ticked off my 'to do list' though!

Simona
11-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Ofsted registered me after 1 jan this year. I rang my local council and was told to fill the online form out or she could send me one, so i've filled one out but haven't heard any more just yet. Of course the lady at the council might not know what she is talking about, now that would be unusual wouldn't it! :laughing:
It's another job ticked off my 'to do list' though!

So totally different from what the article says really!
You are right ...I bet the LAs will invent something unique to each one and we will have another 152 variations for this too!
Thank you for the added feedback