PDA

View Full Version : is feeling very selfish.....

KaicosMummy
10-02-2014, 11:48 AM
And I just want my partner to come home.
Between monday and yesterday he worked 100 hours up helping with the floods in Somerset. We live an hour and a half away and he has been getting home at 11pm and leaving to go back at 4am for the last seven days straight. He works for the environment agency. I have got Sky news on constantly, I just spotted him driving his machinary and digging out channels next to a very fast flowing river and burst into tears. I am so stressed that on this little sleep him or one of his colleagues are going to have an accident, not to mention falling asleep at the wheel is a real risk :-/ our boys havent seen him since him since last sunday and I selfishly want him to come home and have at least a days rest, but he refuses. He is a good, but I feel,very stupid man :-/ please tell me I am not over reacting because I feel flipping awful and he thinks I am a mean old ogre :'(

shortstuff
10-02-2014, 11:50 AM
I can fully understand you worrying but this is where you need to put your faith in him knowing his limits. Also to let him know you are very proud of him and all of his hard work. Im sure he will rest very soon as his body wont give him any choice.

mrs robbie williams
10-02-2014, 11:52 AM
you are not being selfish hun - your poor hubby must be exhausted and i bet you are too - hopefully it wont last much longer now :group hug::group hug::group hug::group hug:

KaicosMummy
10-02-2014, 12:00 PM
I do have absolute faith in him, he knows we are proud of him and the boys have been calling to tell him so. You are right, i am very sleep deprived which is probably making me a bit irrational. So glad my little mindee is napping, will turn news off in a min so i am back to my normal self befire she wakes. Can I also just say that the people and local businesses caught up in the flooding have been amazing, they have been providing workers with food and drink on a regular basis. The ability to think of others whilst in their own terrible situations is just unbelievably wonderful and very heart warming!!