PDA

View Full Version : collection and drop off

Emmalou77
09-02-2014, 03:49 PM
I have someone requiring me to collect from nursery and drop off at their house. (No care required inbetween) As long as I have the required cm car insurance is there anything else I would need to do as it appears I'm only a taxi really!

shortstuff
09-02-2014, 04:01 PM
A taxi licence and insurance? Is there any reason the parent cant do this for themselves? As surely they drop lo to the nursery?

Are you sure you are happy to do this? Im guessing its a valuable ey space you would be using. What if another family would like the space but requires you to actually spend time with their child? Would you feel confident to give notice?

Sorry if I sound negative but I can't see what would actually be in this for you or the other children in your setting.

Emmalou77
09-02-2014, 04:06 PM
Mum can't get home in time for collecting daughter and dad is disabled and needs assistance. Your right though it's not wirth it as she doesn't want to pay for the place. Thanks for your advice though, it is appreciated :-)

mrs robbie williams
09-02-2014, 04:15 PM
i do this for a parent who is currently disabled, i collect her 6y from her home and take to school and sometimes pick up from school and drop home, i dont count him in my spaces and i charge 10 pound each journey but it is very adhoc, i also have his sisters also adhoc and the eldest has just started nursery (attached to school) and sometimes i drop and collect her too dont charge for collecting if already collecting older one aswell but do charge another ten to get her from home and drop to nursery as she counts as my numbers for that half hour as she starts nursery at 1230 only takes me 20 mins xx

shortstuff
09-02-2014, 05:35 PM
i do this for a parent who is currently disabled, i collect her 6y from her home and take to school and sometimes pick up from school and drop home, i dont count him in my spaces and i charge 10 pound each journey but it is very adhoc, i also have his sisters also adhoc and the eldest has just started nursery (attached to school) and sometimes i drop and collect her too dont charge for collecting if already collecting older one aswell but do charge another ten to get her from home and drop to nursery as she counts as my numbers for that half hour as she starts nursery at 1230 only takes me 20 mins xx

Im not so sure that ofsted wouldn't count them in your numbers though. Surely if you get spotted they might investigate?

blue bear
09-02-2014, 06:43 PM

If they are in your care whether in your car, walking to school or at your house they still count in your numbers.

To the op, There is some doubt in my mind (don't know if I'm right or not) but if you are not caring for the child ever in your home how can it be counted as childminding, what you describe is a taxi service similar to that provided for children attending faith or special need schools and comes with taxi regulations and insurance, personally I'd check out with you are insured with your insurance company before agreeing to take on this type of arrangement.

QualityCare
09-02-2014, 08:12 PM
I have done this before they were counted in my numbers from the moment l left the house to when l dropped them at home they were charged an enhanced rate to cover the cost of using the car, l checked at the time with the insurance company and it is not classed as a taxi service l cannot remember exactly what they said but l think it was because it was a part of my normal childminding contracted rate for the children.

mrs robbie williams
10-02-2014, 07:32 AM
sorry wasnt clear - for the hour yes they are counted in my numbers, dont know why i put that this cold is messing my head up, they come to my home for around ten mins then drop off xx

vals
10-02-2014, 09:36 AM
you will be acting as a taxi without a licence. this is something that has been checked up on in our area, the council said we shouldn't be doing it but they also said they are unlikely to have the time or money to check on childminders doing it. But if you want to say no you can use that as your reason.