PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get your photos printed?

Emra81
09-02-2014, 12:12 PM
So, I've just bought one of those hanging photo pocket display thingys to put pics of what we get up to in the hallway so parents can see them. I'm about to upload 40 photos to truprint as it is literally a quarter of the price of doing it in tesco or boots but it suddenly occurred to me should I be from a safeguarding perspective? I don't know who will be able to view them and can't find anything about security on their website. I guess if I took them into tesco or boots someone there would still see them as they'd take an hour to process and I've no idea what they do with the photos they've stored once you've had them printed. There is no way I can afford the paper and ink to print so many photos out so am wondering what everyone else does. I print learning journal photos at home in wallet size and on thin card (fortunately they come out really well so I get away with it!) but won't get away with that for 6 x 4's.

Any thoughts gratefully received x

AdeleMarie88
09-02-2014, 12:33 PM
I print them on truprint, my parents know this and it's included in my photo policy...I must admit it's never occurred to me About who could see them, that's a good question...I sort of assumed it was all computer based and they are printed that way... I think as long as your parents are aware and agree to photos that's about as best as you can do, aside from buying a photo printer ad doing it yourself! Xx

FloraDora
09-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Interesting point about data protection if it doesn't give assurances on the website.

Photography is my emerging hobby, so cost is an issue to me. I use the 'Range' photo paper, really good value and the colour shows up well and for childminding, don't use the best printing choice on the printer - which saves ink.

I find one or two really good largish photos, annotated with why I have chosen it, i.e. Educationally or just because it shows the LO's having great fun, changed fairly regularly has more impact than lots together.

I use an online programme for all my childminding paperwork. Which means I upload photos daily for them to see, which creates a gallery for the child, supporting their learning and illustrating their diary section and a gallery for my childminding business showing all the children and the variety of activities and play that we enjoy here. (parent permission ).

Just thought..........something my parents and children like is their photographs just rollong around a slideshow on the TV - we have an apple Tv and can show them through the computer, but there are lots of ways now you can do this. I only put it on when they arrive and they love seeing the previous days photo's. They ask for specifics "the castle, the ducks, etc...." Good distraction too if a little sad on arrival. Sometimes they ask for it and this week we have played Pachabel to it and taken quiet time. - no cost to this method of display.
This week I will have my ipad on its stand and put some photos in the hall so can be seen on arrival or exit and see how that goes.

sing-low
09-02-2014, 01:21 PM
I'm thinking about this too. I did ask at Boots last time I had photos printed (from a memory stick) and they said they were deleted after they'd been printed.

loocyloo
09-02-2014, 02:06 PM
i use truprint and have for years.

i'm sure at some point I spoke to them and all photos you download can only by seen by you as you have to log in etc to access your account. they only see whatever photos you 'send' to be printed and once printed they don't see them again.