PDA

View Full Version : Parent co-operation!!!

stargazer1
09-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Scenario:

Bring bring, bring bring: hello? Hi stargazer, just wondering if you'd be able to have little x for an extra hour this evening, I'm thinking of popping and doing my shopping on the way home/working late/got docs appointment blah.

Yes no problem (I always help out if I can)

Me two weeks ago: hi patent, I'm doing my yearly quality of care report, would you mind filling it out this questionnaire and sending if back in little ones bag? Will only take a couple of minutes. It's a requirement that I do this yearly report so would be grateful for your input.

6 sets of parents - 2 weeks later - not one back!

Anyone else ever feel we're in a one way street sometimes????? :(

Kiddleywinks
09-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Only sometimes?? ;):laughing:

bunyip
09-02-2014, 11:02 AM
Give them time, they're probably still joining their letters up. :rolleyes:

FussyElmo
09-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Take drastic measures.

Invite them in.
Lock all door.
Don the Hannibal lecter mask.
Brandish weapon of choice.
Give them the questionnaire and pen and I guarantee it will be done in 2 minutes.

however you could try texting them daily on the hour to ask them to return it :)

FloraDora
09-02-2014, 01:39 PM
I have a 'take home Beat baby' .Reminders are written with children, they decorate, we fold it up and put it in his pouch, it goes home with child. The children remember sometimes more than parents if they are involved.
TAKE HOME BEAT BABY Lawrence Educational (http://www.lawrenceeducational.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=92)

The online programme I use is great for parents, they can fill things in online, write comments, messages etc... In this technological age I feel people are becoming more willing to complete on an ipad or phone than with pen and paper these days.

FussyElmo
09-02-2014, 01:51 PM
I have a 'take home Beat baby' .Reminders are written with children, they decorate, we fold it up and put it in his pouch, it goes home with child. The children remember sometimes more than parents if they are involved.
TAKE HOME BEAT BABY Lawrence Educational (http://www.lawrenceeducational.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=92)

The online programme I use is great for parents, they can fill things in online, write comments, messages etc... In this technological age I feel people are becoming more willing to complete on an ipad or phone than with pen and paper these days.

I thought for a moment you had a beat the baby approach. Note Fussy make sure you read the post properly.

Yes the children can be a good tool in making the parents do things :thumbsup:

tulip0803
09-02-2014, 02:11 PM
I sent mine out one year and then got the CSSIW ones for parents in the post the next day. Most sent mine back but no-one returned the CSSIW ones :panic: which was commented on in my report!

I have to keep reminding mine