PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork and agencies

jackie 7
08-02-2014, 10:32 PM
I have heard of minders who believe that going with an agency will reduce their eyfs paperwork. I thought it was just contracts and registering. Does anyone know? I thought we would all follow eyfs and do the same paperwork.

bunyip
09-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Nobody knows - because the best way to get a dodgy bill through parliament is to pass it on 'general principles' and not advertise any of the detail. Whilst the detail is the critical part, regimes don't do that sort of thing cos it only lets us plebs get in the way by using inconvenient underhand tactics like, for instance, reasoned argument. It's difficult to oppose when the populace hasn't been told what they're opposing. This way, the regime can simply say that any opposition is "being negative" or "standing in the way of reforms".

Political theorists refer to this as the "mushroom cultivation model" of government. That is, keep them in the dark and occasionally feed them bvllsh1t. :mad:

FloraDora
09-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Nobody knows - because the best way to get a dodgy bill through parliament is to pass it on 'general principles' and not advertise any of the detail. Whilst the detail is the critical part, regimes don't do that sort of thing cos it only lets us plebs get in the way by using inconvenient underhand tactics like, for instance, reasoned argument. It's difficult to oppose when the populace hasn't been told what they're opposing. This way, the regime can simply say that any opposition is "being negative" or "standing in the way of reforms".

Political theorists refer to this as the "mushroom cultivation model" of government. That is, keep them in the dark and occasionally feed them bvllsh1t. :mad:

I love your eloquence with words Bunyip !!:)

sarah707
09-02-2014, 03:20 PM
If an agency told me they would come and do all my paperwork (LJs, HMRC, risk assessments, policies, contracts etc) and not charge me (because of course they are going to lower the cost of childcare :rolleyes:) then I (and I am sure many others) would reconsider our stance.

However, that's not going to happen realistically is it?

They don't know our children - they don't know our ways of managing our businesses - they cannot mentor every cm all the time.

We have to be very careful not to let downright lies and half truths cloud our judgement. Once we lose our Ofsted registration number I do not think it will be easy to get it back :(

xx

Emra81
09-02-2014, 04:16 PM
In reality I think it's more likely that agencies will 'provide' eyfs paperwork templates for cms to fill in, claiming that they're reducing paperwork because ooh look it's so simple. Given that many an LA has tried to dictate to cms what they should be doing paperwork wise and that one size fits all just isn't the way childminding works, I can't see that panning out well.....

Mcgons
09-02-2014, 04:21 PM
If an agency told me they would come and do all my paperwork (LJs, HMRC, risk assessments, policies, contracts etc) and not charge me (because of course they are going to lower the cost of childcare :rolleyes:) then I (and I am sure many others) would reconsider our stance. However, that's not going to happen realistically is it? They don't know our children - they don't know our ways of managing our businesses - they cannot mentor every cm all the time. We have to be very careful not to let downright lies and half truths cloud our judgement. Once we lose our Ofsted registration number I do not think it will be easy to get it back :( xx

But even if they did do all the paperwork for childminders and they were free to join, you would think childminders would only consider joining agencies that were graded outstanding or maybe ones that were good. How long will it take for them to be inspected and graded? And who would join them before they were graded? I'm struggling to see how it would work at all, I can't see how they are going to be funded to run or how anyone would want to join one!