PDA

View Full Version : car seats

misskft
08-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Do you provide car seats? Am in process of setting up and ill need 2 car seats. Any recommendations or do your parents provide?

funemnx
08-02-2014, 04:07 PM
I buy my own - I currently have 4 of the backed booster seats with 5 point harnesses as they are adaptable to various ages from 9m up to 12 years :thumbsup:

cathtee
08-02-2014, 04:19 PM
I have my own they stay in the car until I go on holiday then they come out.

tulip0803
08-02-2014, 04:39 PM
I provide my own -
* you cannot guarantee that a parent's car seat has not been in an accident,
* You cannot guarantee that it will fit securely in your car,
* if it is being taken in and out of cars that it is fitted correctly everytime,
* if a parent walks to you they cannot cart a chair along,
* if I am not planning on going out and then change my mind I always have a car seat and alternatively I am not storing car seats if I decide to stay in
* if it gets damaged in your possession who replaces it?

I have 5 backed boosters (3 with 5 point belts, 2 without), 1 rearward and 1 stage 1 car seat for a little LO. I would suggest buying a backed booster with 5 point harness as they are versatile, but wait until you have someone sign up to get a 2nd as if they are small I find that their heads are too close to the bottom of the adjustable ears rather than in the middle IYSWIM which is not safe as the padding isn't there so they need a stage 1.

I do however use a rearward facing one that mum brings - mainly as her pick-up time is when I am at school for pick-ups and I pass her house on the way home so drop LO off.

misskft
08-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Thanks all. Im taking in siblings a 3yr old and 14month old so I could get 2 the same ive seen one goes from 9m

samb
10-02-2014, 12:50 PM
I really like the kiddicare own brand that goes from 9months to 12 years. I've now got 3. They're so easy to take the harness off it put on and strap in etc so you can easily swap between the 2. I often have a little one needing a harness that finishes before the school run and then have to take straps off to collect a bigger one from school. They all like having the same chairs too. I do have a 9 month- 4 yr seat always strapped in too which I tend to use for the smallest. Then my own children have their own high back boosters that are different so they feel they are different from the minded children. I have an infant seat as well but haven't needed it for a while.