PDA

View Full Version : Felt a bit of a Childcare Snob Today

Tealady
08-02-2014, 03:36 PM
I was looking at the toys in Tesco and they had those toy baby bottles with the pretend milk in that disappears when you feed the Doll. However not only did they have them in milk, but they also had them in juice! I hate seeing tots having juice out of bottles as it rots their teeth so was disappointed to see a toy one.
(Unless it was supposed to be expressed milk from a Mum who has eaten her own weight in carrots!)

FloraDora
08-02-2014, 03:54 PM
They'll have bottles with tea in next!

kellyskidz!
08-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Urge my pet hate too, saw it all at the Nursery I worked in: bottles with juice, tea, Coca Cola even... it really used to bug me:mad:

SYLVIA
08-02-2014, 05:36 PM
I have a child who comes here with a bottle of tea hanging out of his mouth and I know he goes to bed with a bottle of juice (Squash actually) put in the cot incase he wakes up. Here he has water from a proper cup and manages really well.

Chatterbox Childcare
08-02-2014, 06:32 PM
I brought mine at the newsagents - little shops seem to stock so much more

charlottenash
08-02-2014, 08:34 PM
What did you buy at the newsagent chatterbox?

bunyip
09-02-2014, 09:39 AM
I was looking at the toys in Tesco and they had those toy baby bottles with the pretend milk in that disappears when you feed the Doll. However not only did they have them in milk, but they also had them in juice! I hate seeing tots having juice out of bottles as it rots their teeth so was disappointed to see a toy one.
(Unless it was supposed to be expressed milk from a Mum who has eaten her own weight in carrots!)

:doh: That wasn't Fanta - it was 'Winter Lentil & Butternut Smoothie'.

Tesco are trying to sew up the toy market for the uber-chic Nutmums types, aren't they? :D