PDA

View Full Version : Activity ideas for a 8mo, 14mo and 3yo

clare83
08-02-2014, 07:19 AM
We have done shredded paper, gloop, playdoh and musical toys. Any suggestions that have worked well for others please.

Simona
08-02-2014, 09:29 AM
We have done shredded paper, gloop, playdoh and musical toys. Any suggestions that have worked well for others please.

If you look at Development Matters it will give you lots of ideas of what you can provide for all the different ages and stages of development...one suggestions: lots of treasure baskets !!!

amyp
10-02-2014, 01:03 PM
I have these ages! Tough isn't it!! We love a good old music session and sing! A walk in the woods, water play, balls- any kind of balls! Go to the nearest scrap store and grab bits for sensory. Is your 8 monther moving? Try a obstacle course- with cushions, foil runners blankets, feathers and fairly lights! Feathers- everyone loves feathers! Bubbles too!

loocyloo
10-02-2014, 01:10 PM
raw or cooked pasta/spaghetti is great fun! can the 3 yr old use tweezers/tongs to move it around? can 14mth old put it into bowls ( 8mth can tip it out! )

mine all love water play. I put down an old duvet cover, a couple of towels and we have warm water in a tray on the kitchen floor! a few cups and spoon and we are away.

peekaboo using scarves/floaty fabric, hiding toys etc under the fabric and finding them!

x

clare83
10-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Thanks 4 your suggestions, they are great. 8mo is not sitting independently (for longer than 5 seconds anyway) so is proving a challenge. Any other suggestions more than welcome....xx