PDA

View Full Version : Can i apply to ofsted

flipflop20
07-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Hi,

I would like to register as soon as possible as am due back to work end of April (from mat leave) have to work at least 3 months when I return. But would then like to be in a position to leave my job and start minding. Ideally I would like to be all set for September start.

I know ofsted can take a while to process application etc and therefore would like to get my application in as soon as possible. I'm booked on to the pre reg course, and going to book child protection and first aid next week. Can I apply using the dates of theses courses or do I have to wait until the courses are completed?

Thanks

2lovelygirls
07-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Hi :) I applied before I'd started my course. You can apply as long as you have a completion date. I applied at the beginning of Jan and just indicated that I would be completed on the 5th feb (hoorayy!). Everything was sent in prior to completion and I submitted DBS checks about 8 days ago. The only thing you wont be able to do until you have completed is to send a copy of your certificates to ofsted. I just emailed a copy to them the day I completed the course/first aid and now I've been told to expect a them to arrange a pre reg visit shortly. Glad I did it ahead of time but I guess you've just got to be sure of when you will have finished everything.

flipflop20
07-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Hi thanks, that's what I thought. Just need to confirm the first aid and get references sorted and get it all sent off.

When I begin childminding my lil girl will have to move to our local school (she's currently at a school near my work) and ideally would like her to start in September so that's when I aim to be registered by. I know this means I need to get application in quickly as they seem to take ages

Good luck with your registration :)