PDA

View Full Version : advice needed very frustrated

rachael30a
07-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Afternoon all

I have a parent who I have to remind every week that fees are due and in advance, im am sick to death of it any advice
On what to do :mad:

mrs robbie williams
07-02-2014, 02:31 PM
how about doing a newsletter and highlighting fees must be paid in advance or care will not be available xx all mine pay in advance but if they were late for any reason id definitely be saying something xx

rachael30a
07-02-2014, 02:46 PM
I have tried that and emails, text messages, letters :(

sing-low
07-02-2014, 02:50 PM
What does your contract say? Do you charge late fees? Or withhold care until payment is made? If not, I would consider introducing this. Parents are less likely to pay late if there is a consequence for doing so and I would only warn them once and then enforce it.

Koala
07-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Take direct action - no pay - no care! Simple.

Ring her now and tell her - you need your money today (or whenever its due) so you can prepare for next week and if it isn't paid you won't be able to provide care.And it needs to be the case every week.

Thank her for her time and you hope to see her with a fist full of cash.

rachael30a
07-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Thanks all, my contracts state in advance and late payment fee if fees are late, im going to go for it and say no fee s no childcare :)

Koala
07-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Thanks all, my contracts state in advance and late payment fee if fees are late, im going to go for it and say no fee s no childcare :)

Go for it girl....

I'll tell you what my other half says to me when I get rubbed up the wrong way by parents - don't get offended but sometimes it's good to get a reality check and brought down to earth.

"shut your mouth and stop moaning! if it bothers you so much do something about it, they only do it because you let them" in no uncertain term and words to that effect maybe a bit blunter and to be honest it's harsh but true.