PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED registration Forms

singlewiththree
21-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Do you get the forms on the course or do you have to ask ofsted for them?

Do you have to wait until you have finished the course to send them off?

katickles
21-07-2008, 11:33 AM
When i registered we were given the app pack during the briefing. We were strongly recommended to wait until we were a week off compleating the course as in most cases they will contact you about a week after receiving the form. This way you will be more in the knowledge when ofsted come round to do your pre-reg inspection. As they will ask you various questions.

I did it this was & was glad I did.

sarah707
21-07-2008, 01:12 PM
In Cheshire they do not give the application packs out until week 5 of the ICP ...

Like Katikles says, sometimes the Inspectors will come too quickly.

I think it also prevents people applying, then going to the ICP and not wanting to do it any more iykwim.

sarah500
22-07-2008, 11:07 AM
i got my forms on the last day of the pre reg meeting.
i sent my form off last monday and got the call yesterday from ofsted and they are coming next week, i have made sure i have got my house sorted and all my policies etc written out before i sent the forms off, at least that way they dont catch you on the hop if they want to come quickly!!
My ICP course isnt until october so i will ( hopefully!!) be registered before i go on the course itself.
xxx

Annie_T
22-07-2008, 12:49 PM
i was given mine when i went on the breifing session and sent them in once i passed my icp course (tho i had wait til i moved too)