PDA

View Full Version : Attending a meeting about 2yr check

JCrakers
07-02-2014, 11:05 AM
I've been asked to attend a meeting about the 2yr check and how it's changing. I don't know if its just my county or if its being piloted for everybody. I don't know a lot about it at the moment as the meeting is in March but from what I understand the 2yr old check could be done over webcam with the HV face to face and I'm going to try it out.......sounds daunting as I hate webcam...lol but very interesting to be part of it.

AliceK
07-02-2014, 11:20 AM
I've been asked to attend a meeting about the 2yr check and how it's changing. I don't know if its just my county or if its being piloted for everybody. I don't know a lot about it at the moment as the meeting is in March but from what I understand the 2yr old check could be done over webcam with the HV face to face and I'm going to try it out.......sounds daunting as I hate webcam...lol but very interesting to be part of it.

Whilst I can see the benefits of this just when are we meant to find yet more time to do this. Personally I work over a ten hour day so I'm not sure when I would be able to fit in time to do a webchat with a HV. Plus I cannot guarantee the time it was presumably booked for would be convenient until that time IYKWIM. I'm happy with my paper form :thumbsup:

xxxx

Simona
07-02-2014, 12:04 PM
It maybe that this training is due to the fact that Health and Education will integrate...I think it is 2015...and they are trialling best ways to share information

If you find out more at the course and you could share it would be great

JCrakers
07-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Yes it is next year....I'll let you know what is said. I'm not sure how a webcam chat would work for us with three terrors in the background. The HV wont want to do it out of hours and we have to be careful not to get the children in the webcam chat.
A nursery will have a quiet office to do it in. I can see a problem with a webcam chat if one of the mindees starts climbing on a chair or needs the potty, or falls and hurts themselves and needs a hug. Is the HV going to wait around for 5mins while a childminder sorts out a child?

hectors house
07-02-2014, 01:04 PM
I think that an Ofsted inspection should be done by webcam as my mindees either show off to a different adult in the house or cling to me like a limpet and won't communicate, so maybe the HV should do this with the parents not us as I look after one lo who is as good as gold with me but a little :censored: for his mother.

I know that people don't like ticklists but I think it would be easier if the HV devised a simple ticklist for parents to complete and the same one for us to do - like I have seen recently for a Communication profile that is often used by Nurseries - they complete one and so do parents. I had a ticklist in my children's HV books eg: can x use a spoon, kick a ball, pedal a tricycle?

Good luck with your meeting would be interested in finding out about how the HV would like us to work with them as on the last 2 year review I did, the HV told the mother that she only ever looks at the ages and never the writing and she refused to take a copy for their file.

wee_elf
07-02-2014, 01:11 PM
this seems like a data protection/confidentiality nightmare! not only the worry about children coming into shot if done during working hours, but how would you ensure the security of the server/wifi connection? anyone could gain access if there was a security issue! I for one do not have the technical know how to sort that out! xx