PDA

View Full Version : Resources...

littlepumpkins
07-02-2014, 09:41 AM
How do you all store your resources, ie toys, books etc? Do you all have a playroom that you use to childmind from or do you have boxes labeled in cupboards or on show so the children can pick and choose what they want to play with each day?
Thanks x

sarah707
07-02-2014, 10:37 AM
I have a conservatory which is used for the children. There is a run of shelves down one side and most resources are in little labelled baskets for easy selection :D

mrstom
07-02-2014, 10:54 AM
How do you all store your resources, ie toys, books etc? Do you all have a playroom that you use to childmind from or do you have boxes labeled in cupboards or on show so the children can pick and choose what they want to play with each day?
Thanks x

Wherever there is room!!

At the moment I have a small conservatory with Ikea Besta shelving and Samla storage boxes that the children can self select from. I also have resources in a wardrobe in my study, in a sideboard in the lounge, in my children's bedrooms, in the loft, in a large plastic storage cupboard in the garden, oh and more stashed in my FILs garage! I try and rotate as best as I can.

littlepumpkins
07-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Thank you. I'm converting the conservatory into a playroom, going to get some bright coloured rugs, storage boxes and shelving to make it nice and bright. Also my hubby is putting up shelves in the garage to store more toys then now and again il rotate so they have a mixed selection to play with. Does that sound ok? X

mrs robbie williams
07-02-2014, 01:56 PM
i use my dining room but on a friday eve it all goes into the spare bedroom where i dont have to look at it :D:D

loocyloo
07-02-2014, 02:09 PM
I have a playroom with 2 big cupboards ( ikea wardrobes but full of shelves! ) and then an argos wooden storage unit with 6 big boxes ( trains/track, little people, animals, vehicles, playfood, duplo ) that are always accessible, plus another box with dolls in at the bottom of shelving unit. selected books in a sling book case & basket ( and then shelves in sitting room with all the rest of the books in, plus books for the schoolies ) clothes stand with dressing up clothes and plastic drawers for the rest of the dressing up bits and a small argos storage thing with 9 fabric boxes on that is full of the heuristic bits & pieces. I usually have some puzzles/games on a small table, and the children all know they can ask for different ones out. ( I gave up having them all accessible as I was forever having a box full of puzzle pieces and the schoolies game was to find their homes!!! ) I have a chalk board and magna doodle type boards available.

in the kitchen I have a set of drawers on wheels ( DH was throwing it away at work! ) and that has paper/stickers etc and there is a tray of colouring bits on the side which the older ones can reach! I usually keep these in the utility room, but its currently ( for the past month :rolleyes: ) being refitted ... It SHOULD fit back in ( ... it was part of the orginal design! LOL! ) and then I will also have a cupboard to keep all the paint/playdough/craft etc stuff in!

the idea about the playroom was that at evenings and weekends I could shut the door and forget it ... but over winter the guinea pigs have moved in, and at the weekends they have huge indoor run that takes up most of the floor!

FloraDora
07-02-2014, 04:02 PM
I have a conservatory which is used for the children. There is a run of shelves down one side and most resources are in little labelled baskets for easy selection :D

I also store things in small children size baskets and boxes, if I can, on open child height shelves, none stacked, so children can take and return at their pleasure, every thing has a place so the children are able to tidy up themselves......with encouragement.

littlepumpkins
08-02-2014, 07:31 AM
Great thank you all for your replies. I can have a look at storage now and get ordering :) x