PDA

View Full Version : Parent pack

leahsfx
07-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Hi, I'm new to CM and have heard a lot about 'parent packs' for new parents using your service. Is this something that is a template from pacey when registered or is it a gathering of paper work that I need to get together? (Required list of documents by ofsted or any I think would be useful to parent)?
Have tried to google but only confusing myself more :/

mrstom
07-02-2014, 09:38 AM
The way I looked at it was what would I want to know about a childminder before I sent my child to them?

Off the top of my head, my parent pack includes a bit about me (my background, any qualifications and a sentence about my family), a bit about my home (what rooms we use etc), a rough outline of a typical day, sample menu...

I think there's a bit more but I can't remember without checking!

leahsfx
07-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Ok great, thanks :) so there's no set order of things required then? It's just what you want to include?

hectors house
07-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Some people have a portfolio of their certificates, training courses, policies, thank you cards or references from past parents to show in the setting to potentially new parents, some people give the parents a pack of information or something as simple as an A4 leaflet with a description of them and the service they can offer parents, opening hours, fees etc. Somethings evolve as you childmind over a period of time, so don't worry to much if you don't have everything when you start.